Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerubois

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aložs Trancy View Post
I was only slightly disappointed with Riven's confrontation with Irelia, but perhaps that's just because I believe Riven had put that part of the past far behind her, and locked it down. Or perhaps I kind'a wanted to see Riven get pummeled a bit before finally giving in, weak, confused and shattered emotionally and Irelia just pats her head and comforts her. I don't know, but it just seemed a bit lacking.
I don't think I've mentioned this previously, but I just wanted to explain the viewpoint I have of Riven, at the point of time which my story takes place.
I realize that when playing Riven, she actually seems rather confident and sturdy, and not the sort of past-dwelling emotional character I'm writing her as.
The way I'm writing my story is to mold her from what I've described her as so far into the character you see within the game, with definitive ideals and goals ("Violence to end violence").
So, in the end, it's not just a cute pairing between Lux and Riven. It's Riven's journey towards her own future, and her true path.

I must agree with you though. That scene does need a bit more to it (it actually had even less before I went back and did my latest edit). That's one of the strengths and weaknesses of writing individual chapters. I can get feedback for it, and change it later, but I can't make it flow with the rest of the story until it's all done. So I'll be going back and doing some final editing once I finish the last chapter. It wouldn't feel right until it all worked together.

Thanks for the critique and compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Yay! New chapter...I liked it...but I may have to drop out of reading it eventually, you know...I get uncomfortable around some of this sort of stuff...
*Spoiler!* It'll probably be a while before anything happens between Lux and Riven in that way. So you're safe for now. :P */Spoiler!*

That said... Just what are you uncomfortable with again?

Jaykoboy

01-27-2012

Anything above PG-13. So, you're most likely safe...

Cerubois

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Anything above PG-13. So, you're most likely safe...

I kinda feel like writing that smut chapter for chapter 5 now. Just for the heck of it. Can't figure out why.

Jaykoboy

01-27-2012

It's called 'facerub.' It's when you do something in your writing to specifcally spite a person, but it manages to go unnoticed by the majority of the public OR gets you even more readers.

I do it by naming characters after people I don't like and crushing them with something.

Silver of Souls

01-27-2012

Love the new chapter

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

sorry for this late reply... I was recovering from the faint just now :P
apparently shocking as always, but somehow i think this gave 1% more "believing in Love" thought again... though still 99% away from fully believing in it.

we all know Jayko is a innocent boy, I mean just Look at him!

Oh and Cerubois *Quote* Can you forget what Just happened? *Quote*

Cerubois

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felza View Post
Oh and Cerubois *Quote* Can you forget what Just happened? *Quote*
Oh my god. When I read that I thought you were pointing out that I missed the word 'what' in the line. I nearly flipped a table. How could I screw up the most important moment in the chapter?

But then I checked and realized you weren't talking about that. And then I realized I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just confused now.

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2012

Quote:
Your Love for me, duh~
mmm i don't like repeating but yeah... this^

Cerubois

01-27-2012

Quote:
mmm i don't like repeating but yeah... this^
Gotcha.

Consider it forgotten.

Felza

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Gotcha.

Consider it forgotten.
Considered.
One question, do you want Riven and Lux to go have some "Skin-Ship"?