By Fate's Decree (KatarinaXAshe)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TooGucci4You

4 Weeks Ago

Hey! So this is my first fanfiction, and after reading Silver of Soul's "Wounded", I was deeply inspired to make this!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/10500355/1/By-Fate-s-Decree

I was kinda like "Ashe and Katarina? That's weird" and then I read it and got so many feels, so I couldn't resist. Hope y'all like it!

Here's a preview of it:

Chapter 1: Are You Always This Charming?

Darkness, deep impenetrable blackness, enveloped the clearing, wreathing around the tall woman who stood, motionless, in the middle of it. Though no source of light was present, a strange illumination emanated from the cruel, wickedly curved blades she clutched in both hands, thin, nimble fingers curling around them with practiced ease.

Her breathing was heavy, chest heaving as though she could not get enough air. Her eyes, two fierce emeralds, were wild with fright and rage.

"Darkness... Will consume you..." A deep, rasping voice hissed from the shadows.

With a roar of outrage, the woman flung one of her blades towards the source of the voice, the knife spiraling in a deadly arc towards the wall of darkness. It passed into it, hitting nothing, and came flying back out at her, landing a hair away from her foot, nearly taking off a toe.

"Weak... So weak, Katarina..." The voice laughed, on the other side of her now. Snarling, Katarina ripped the blade from the ground, whipping her head around, trying to pinpoint the source of the horrid noise.

Boom.

A loud, echoing crash woke Katarina, the noise reverberating through her skull. She sat bolt upright in bed, breathing as heavily as she had in the dream, her long red hair plastered to the sides of her face with sweat. Glaring around, she found the source of the noise outside her window.

The world was a bleak, gray backdrop, driving sheets of rain pounding the glass panes relentlessly, wind howling and screeching. A bolt of lightning lit up the dark sky, turning it white for a split second, quickly followed by another clap of thunder. The distant mountains of the Freljord had been reduced to a black smear on the horizon.

Growling, Katarina kicked the sheet off of herself, grabbing one of the many knives she kept next to her bed and twirling it in her fingers expertly, not at all afraid of cutting herself. She paced back and forth in front of her bed, bare feet making soft pad pad pad sounds on the carpet.

This is not the first time that dream has occurred. Katarina thought agitatedly, spinning the blade faster in her deft fingers.

It's always the same though, that voice, the darkness. Faster and faster the blade went, until, losing control of it, the mercilessly sharp blade sliced Katarina's thumb open, splattering the edge of it with crimson.

"****..." The assassin growled, licking of the blood from the cut. It was salty on her tongue and she grimaced. Inspecting the cut, the woman found it was not deep and she snorted. Katarina picked up the blade and examined it. It was made of silver, expertly carved by the best Noxian weapon makers. Weighing it in her hands, she relished as she felt the perfect balance of it, just right for throwing at a fleeing opponent.

She whipped around suddenly, hurling it against the wall and adding yet another gouge mark to the growing collection. It sank deep into the wood and stuck, landing right where Katarina had intended it to. Suddenly, a voice spoke in her head.

Sinister Blade Katarina. The voice was deep and slow, belonging to one of the head summoners. You have been summoned to compete on the Fields of Justice. Prepare yourself.

A wicked grin crept across the knife wielding Noxian's face. She grabbed her belt of knives and strapped it on, slinging her larger swords across her back. Whispers sounded in her mind, speaking softly in a language Katarina did not understand. A bright purple summoning circle materialized around her feet.

Katarina wrenched the knife out of the wall.

"Let's do this."

TooGucci4You

Best Varus KR

4 Weeks Ago

The skeleton of the storyline is almost indentical to Wounded. I recommend you make some alterations.

Ark Angel HFB

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Varus KR View Post
The skeleton of the storyline is almost indentical to Wounded. I recommend you make some alterations.
Yeah... I agree with you but this brings up a bigger question for me.

At what point does a "fannon" concept become ok for more than one person to write about?

I mean to me Trynd being a rage filled person is somewhat core to his character... but I don't see Ashe as the type that would take it laying down ever... even without Kat's help.

So at this point it makes me want to write about it. Northern Winds may very well be heading towards this... if it was there would be three stories revolving around the concept of Ahse and Trynd being a less than peaceful couple.

So when is it just a copy story and when is it a retreading for the sake of exploring other topics inside of the core concept?

TooGucci4You

3 Weeks Ago

In response to both of you: (I apologize for not getting back quicker, I just now checked this.)
The fact that Tryndamere and Ashe have problems in their marriage isn't the focus of the story, it's not even that relevant, but it is necessary to note for later chapters.

That being said, it's unfair to say that just because of that and the fact that Swain has some plan makes it "just a copy". I respect that yes, in SilverOfSouls's story, both things were in it, but that does not mean other authors cannot use the same concept.

In a story about Katarina, a prominent Noxian assassin who has connections to Swain, the general of Noxus, its not that far-fetched that hey, Swain has some evil plan. However, the Swain in my story has a different plan than the one in "Wounded", and the events will play out much differently.

Anyone has the freedom to write about whatever they want, there's no "rule" stating that more than one person can't write about the same topic. I recently read a book called "How to Read Literature like a Professor", and it was very interesting. It said that every book, every story written, is based off of something else.

So instead of jumping to the conclusion of "oh hey this is just a copy", why don't you wait and actually see how the story goes, and not just judge it three chapters in, when there has been almost no chance for events to play out?

I apologize if that sounded rude, but that is my justification. Thanks, have a nice life.

FiniteApple

1 Day Ago

Ever read Wounded? :L