Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Troubleshoot - Launcher Freezing fixes compilation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerberous

Recruiter

11-05-2010

i am having the same problem. was working fine for a long time. then all of a sudden it doesn't anymore. just stuck at the updater screen with those spinning circles. doesn't do anything at all past that. i've uninstalled and reinstalled it and still doing the same thing. how does it go from working perfectly fine to not working at all the next day when nothing has been changed?

Waily777

11-22-2010

I have tried atleast 10 methods on fixing my launcher and it stil doesnt want to work

Lorrelies

12-26-2010

Hello everyone,

I have 2 versions of LoL, the EU one and the US one. A week ago there was a new update/patch, and EU downloaded this with no problems. When I wanted to update the US version too, he says "checking and building files (0% complete)". Unfortunately, a few seconds after that message, it says "Unable to connect to the network, please try again later".

I never had problems before, US alsways worked properly, so as EU. I already reinstalled the US version, that didn't work either. I'm quite desperate now...
Changed my DNS too, checked firewall, downloaded some fix, cleaned up my temporary files, ran it as Administrator and in XP mode, nothing worked!

I just don't get it...

robiman

12-26-2010

do you need IE8 for LOL too work couse i cant download it forom internet for windows 7 plz help me i really want to play LOL after 1 week of trying to fix the problem i tryed every thing you said

Guthika

01-04-2011

I uninstalled pando media booster and my dl speed jumped from 3kb/s to around 300kb/s. Try it out.

brotherhood1

02-18-2011

i have the same problem every time i try to open lol the pvp.net client crashes after 2 seconds. i use a mac. plz help me

Chcha

02-23-2011

That 10 methods still doesn't work.
My LOL Launcher freeze for an hour at the "receiving information state".

Darkness900

Recruiter

03-17-2011

this is sucks .. 1000s of people gonna miss the game >_<
riot games fail in tis part

Lorrelies

03-20-2011

I couldn't play US for 3 months now... Redownloaded and installed the game, and suddenly it works again :|
Well, I'm happy

drewfussohigh

10-09-2011

i cant get in to play LOL it says update failure and says an error has occured please check log information and gives me two options to either continue or send logs ive done both and restarted the client but nothing just does the same thing over and over how do i fix this so i can play this game today?! HELP PLEASE!