Mundo on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DevilNL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Is it just me or does it feel so unfair towards Mundo that there is an 20% healing reduction aura...

Mundo's skills are all about healing and regeneration ...

what are you guys thoughts about this?

Beelzenic

11-29-2011

Have you played Mundo on dominion? He's actually pretty good even with the healing debuff. If you really need the regen you should grab spirit visage on him, it's fairly cheap and CDR is always good on a manaless champ. Mundo is in a good place on dominion I think, cause of the way his skills work.

Phourc

11-29-2011

Yes and no: The aura hurts Mundo, it's true, but it's mostly to counter lifesteal and Soraka as far as I know.

Mundo's main problem is... he's Mundo, and Mundo currently kinda sucks right now.

Shaxtenn

11-30-2011

The regen debuff and no Warmog's really hurt Mundo. More than normal. And Mundo's normal is nothing impressive. He's also hurt by the Dominion meta (if you can call it that) which tends towards high-mobility champions. Mundo is easily kited, which makes it painful to go up against an Ezreal, a Kassadin, and a Vayne.

MMKH

11-30-2011

I used to main Mundo, and not anymore apparently because he really has no place on any map or mode, it's pretty sad. They said they were going to buff or remake him but we're still waiting for that.

lbgsloan

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKH View Post
I used to main Mundo, and not anymore apparently because he really has no place on any map or mode, it's pretty sad. They said they were going to buff or remake him but we're still waiting for that.
Volibear more or less seems like a Mundo replacement. Mundo's an UP, unpopular 1350 champion Riot has little financial incentive to rework anytime soon. Heck, they just axed TWO of the poor guy's old skins because nobody was buying. That 20% healing debuff and no atmogs pushes Mundo down to the absolute worst pick in Dominion, or at least the bottom 3 picks IMO. Mundo's basically my 'rally/revive' Eve for Dominion when my team is clearly full of trolls.

I'm not really sure what they can do to make him stand out after giving Volibear his friggin' ultimate as a FREE PASSIVE.

MMKH

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Volibear more or less seems like a Mundo replacement. Mundo's an UP, unpopular 1350 champion Riot has little financial incentive to rework anytime soon. Heck, they just axed TWO of the poor guy's old skins because nobody was buying. That 20% healing debuff and no atmogs pushes Mundo down to the absolute worst pick in Dominion, or at least the bottom 3 picks IMO. Mundo's basically my 'rally/revive' Eve for Dominion when my team is clearly full of trolls.

I'm not really sure what they can do to make him stand out after giving Volibear his friggin' ultimate as a FREE PASSIVE.
Yep, it does sound like a big "screw you" to any and all Mundo players. If Mundo was actually viable, I would actually consider picking him to counter Volibear's HP stacking, but I guess that would be against the whole design of releasing new champs that makes old ones obsolete, prompting players to have to buy new champs every time.

KyroRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

There are other items that help with that besides Warmogs. FoN, Randuin's, Stark's Fervor (This one helps while playing AS/AD Mundo as well as Tiamat), and Shurelya's Reverie.

You can build Mundo with Merc Treads, FoN, Stark's, Sunfire, Spirit Visage, and Shurelya's for a total regen of 165.93 per 5 BEFORE debuff.

Total HP: 3062
AS: 1.099
Dmg: 110
APen: 20
MPen: 0
Armor: 125
MR: 174.5
Life Steal: 20%
Tenacity: 35
CDR: 25%
MS: 421

All of that is before Masteries and Runes.

Panwar

12-04-2011

I actually bought Mundo tonight and played him in Dom just for the heck of it. I played him about 15 min in a custom game and then took him to a solo queue normal.

I don't remember all of the opposing team but I do remember Xin, Irelia, Nocturne, and Eve.

He actually wasn't horrible. He suffers from the same thing some of the other sustain champs suffer. In that an opponent with extreme burst, or getting focus fired just explodes you. But I was surprised with the amount of damage he did, and I didn't build any damage items except ASpd.

I think the key is leveling Q first, with E as secondary(ult of course when available) and holding off on W until you get a good base of HP and regen.

I built Starks, Frozen Mallet(I guess this technically is some AD), Mercury's, and was starting on a Sunfire Cloak. I think in the future I would try a Randuin's, FoN, Atma's and then see where to go from there.

I started bot and was really harrasing Le Blanc(Hah, LeBlanc was the 5th opponent) good with cleavers, but I got over confident and she killed me. I think had I remained more cautious I would have won bot.

Anyways. It's my first time playing Mundo so I'm probably talking out of my ass. I have about 500 Dom games under my belt with close to 50/50 w/l ratio(just a little on the winning side) so I'm not an expert or anything. But I think he definatey has a chance to contribute if played correctly.

Stimuz

12-04-2011

He's actually pretty nasty built AD. Of course, literally every champ can be played AD in dom and do well so it isn't saying much.