Jungling RIP

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FleaFly

11-29-2011

With the new jungle, this seems to be the case.
Ganking is useless, as you fall about 3-5 levels behind everyone else.
Which sucks, cus jungling added a great aspect to League.
And the likelihood of them changing it back is unlikely.

But one question: is duo top and bot lanes new meta? I'm thinkin yes but i not sure

MasterCQ

11-29-2011

1. Why is it unlikely they'll change it back? What reference are you using?
2. Who are you jungling with? I've jungled with Malphite, Amumu, and Nocturne so far and they've all done just fine.
3. Why would you duo top? As far as I know, you duo bottom to keep-safe dragon.

Puhleez

11-29-2011

Jungling is dumb now. Average jungler hits 6 around 9 mins. If you try to gank and it is warded, you likely fall another level or so behind. Gold output in camps isn't worth it. Jungle xp isn't worth it. Counter-jungling isn't worth it.

OP: Yes, duo bot and top is a good meta now. Their lane will lose if they jungle and if you choose a tank, you don't fall behind their jungler for the most part. If you want to lose the game while in queue, dedicate yourself to the jungle.

Juzt

11-29-2011

If they don't change it you can just forget about jungling and get back to top lane.

If you get ganked just when minions spawn your WAY far behind.

SCREW U TRIBUNAL

11-29-2011

Jungling just doesn't give enough exp atm. Yeah, its more accessible to newbies but I'm finding it easy to jungle with Eve, with tier 2 runes. Is that bad?

ZeroTheRulerz

11-29-2011

Yep RIP jungling now.... all my friends who main jungled before hate the changes because you level up so much slower now.

Legerion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

RIP jungle... and RIP ww x.x now i have to find another gamestyle with that wonderful wolf..... ty riot, u scrub it

Vegadev

11-30-2011

I'm not raging cause of the jungle changes, I'm actually kinda sad. It was one of my absolute favorite things in the game and now it's far, far, far less viable on many champions. Counterjungling is also far more viable... so the changes really hurt junglers. It's a much harder start.

I might start playing much less than before. I also don't think I'll even touch the neutral monsters now aside from dragon and baron... it's just not worth it anymore. Attacking them will only remind me of how much fun I used to have jungling.

Spiky Turtle

11-30-2011

I for one like the new jungle; you are more open to being counter jungled yes, but conversely you are also more open to counter jungle yourself. Get good sustainable junglers, and destroy theirs after the faster clear on yours. Gank earlier and faster, if not for the kill, just to drive back.

Yes, you level up slower, but not by a whole lot, so it is still viable, is more accessible to newbies, and now has a higher skill cap for doing it well.

Kurø

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky Turtle View Post
I for one like the new jungle; you are more open to being counter jungled yes, but conversely you are also more open to counter jungle yourself. Get good sustainable junglers, and destroy theirs after the faster clear on yours. Gank earlier and faster, if not for the kill, just to drive back.

Yes, you level up slower, but not by a whole lot, so it is still viable, is more accessible to newbies, and now has a higher skill cap for doing it well.
This. 100% this. Jungle is better now from everything I've seen. Ganking is far more rewarding, level 2 ganks are actually possible now.

I've yet to see anyone have trouble doing a good jungle, I havn't tried it out myself yet. But everyone I know likes it way better like this. It's super easy and not as risky anymore.

Counter jungling has always been viable, always will be.

12345 ... 6