Hey Guys! Let's make Riot care about TT! :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captain Kopp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
If they put some time aside, I don't see how it could be too difficult for them to AT LEAST get a little start on TT balancing. I'm thinking about a global aura like on Crystal Scar. The TT global aura would hit Tanky/DPS specifically. Since every single problem champion on TT is Tanky/DPS, they'd kill so many birds with one stone.

Next up is thickening the walls so that Trynd can't spin through every single one.
Honestly I'm disappointed with this analysis:

1. The Dominion global buff HELPED tanky dps. The reduced healing effects may have hurt their sustain, but they had more health to lose to begin with. But above all, the global buff gave a substantial amount of armor penetration. Obviously, this means the naturally high base values of tanky dps do more than they should.

I would keep track of Morello's recent posts. Tanky dps are a problem in all of LoL, but they are more pronounced in 3s. According to him, a rework is in progress.

2. Tryndamere has a really long dash. If you thicken the walls, this means that other champions like gragas or caitlyn won't be able jump through the vast majority of the walls.

3. TBH adapt or die. Trynd is only broken if you refuse to counter him. He's like a hole in a dam. If you fix it early itll be fine, but if you ignore him everything will get worse and worse. (This is in no way saying that he isn't a really strong champion, but he is 100% managable)

Ghonosyph

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Coookie View Post

3. TBH adapt or die. Trynd is only broken if you refuse to counter him. He's like a hole in a dam. If you fix it early itll be fine, but if you ignore him everything will get worse and worse. (This is in no way saying that he isn't a really strong champion, but he is 100% managable)
This, if you pick ANY smarts for normals you pick at least something SOMETHING with a a stun and someone with a slow. Its just smart... and trynd... he's garbage, if you push him outta the lane at lvl 1 he will be behind and underfarmed.

Never fight him when he's got full rage, and never let him creep farm more than a couple whacks so he cant build rage... problems solved. CC is king vs trynds, and i've always seemed to either die horribly due to no cc or rape him with riven and laugh in his face.

On topic, i WISH TT got some love from the riot staff because its all i play. I cant stand playing with 4 otther people and 5 other trolls on the other team its just too much rage to stand. dominion.... well lets just say same problem, 1 bad player on a 3v3 can be countered by communication... more people less communication = gg /surrender at 15

P0tat0salad

11-30-2011

Thanks for the support guys. About a couple things...

A few people above were saying about how Trynd isnt OP and how you just need to learn to counter him. You obviously haven't played very many games with a GOOD 3v3 Tryndamere. I know a good 3v3 player seems unlikely, but it happens. the point of Trynd in 3v3 is the fact he can 1v1 and 2v1 almost anybody succesfully at high level, fed or not.

The main reason for this is his great ability to jungle, tower dive, and close gaps, regardless of level. This becomes a big problem because a good Trynd will pick out characters without stuns and catch them off-guard, considering he can jump on you no matter where you are as long as you are near a wall, and kill them very quickly.

Build an entire team of stuns and always travel in groups? This is the kind of un-fun gameplay us 3v3 nerds are looking to avoid... It requires stupid strategies to counter a single champion that almost always appears in normal. But I do understand you reasoning, it's just not a counter anyone really wants to see in a 3v3 "meta"

TheMathmagician

11-30-2011

I pretty much play TT exclusively even though it is imbalanced. I find it far more enjoyable than SR and hate that it keeps getting left alone.

iTedRo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

I think Middle jungle should be bigger and top jungle should just have Dragon and 2 small camps to stop tanky DPS top lane from owning the jungle.

Nerf dragon's reward, buff dragon dragon with aoe damage and hard hitting effects like baron. Make dragon look more badass (not flying - cho'gath huge?)

Zezockary

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghonosyph View Post
CC is king vs trynds, and i've always seemed to either die horribly due to no cc or rape him with riven and laugh in his face.
Every champ is useless while stunned, not just tryn... and tryn is actually stronger than most while stunned because he can still use his ult...

P0tat0salad

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTedRo View Post
I think Middle jungle should be bigger and top jungle should just have Dragon and 2 small camps to stop tanky DPS top lane from owning the jungle.

Nerf dragon's reward, buff dragon dragon with aoe damage and hard hitting effects like baron. Make dragon look more badass (not flying - cho'gath huge?)
This is an interesting thought. I usually don't put much thought into Dragon as a jungle mob, but I do think that he's a bit too easy to kill to be the strongest jungle minion in TT.

In my opinion I think that the lizard should be buffed to be more like Dragon in SR, and the Dragon be made more like Baron in SR, with maybe a larger reward.

Slashinghardest

12-01-2011

A lower dragon reward would be better then buffing the dragon; I enjoy early fights at dragon and I think if you buff dragon the early game fights over it won't happen which is fun and can sometimes be the turning point of the early game for the losing team.

Vellyan

12-02-2011

I dont know why you keep whining about tryndamere ? just play ranked and there will be no problems at all. imo, the map is pretty fine and im having alot of fun on it. You dont like a hero on twisted tree line such as tanky/dps, then thats your problem boy. ban those you dont like, and learn to pick good and strong heroes that COUNTER those on the other side. TT always have been a tanky dps map, and its fun that way. of course, you can play some ad carry, thats more risky but it can work. Some mages also works. Just pick more wisely your hero, and ban those you dont like, and you will see, the map is very enjoyable. I remember the old times stacking sunfire capes on tanky dps on TT. so much fun.

well, the only thing they could change is to add draft pick on normal games, and it would be perfect for everyone i guess.

ComBrandon

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZergSwarms View Post
If they put some time aside, I don't see how it could be too difficult for them to AT LEAST get a little start on TT balancing. I'm thinking about a global aura like on Crystal Scar. The TT global aura would hit Tanky/DPS specifically. Since every single problem champion on TT is Tanky/DPS, they'd kill so many birds with one stone.

Next up is thickening the walls so that Trynd can't spin through every single one.
How about taking away Tryndamere's ability to spin through walls?