Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I think Sivir's OP on Dominion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiranui

Recruiter

11-30-2011

I think the new Sivir is really strong on dominion.

IT IS TURE

11-30-2011

she was op,but i havent tried her in this patch

Necks

11-30-2011

I like how Sivir is still a global taunt in the game. People still haven't learned that she hurts, and they ignorantly run up to my face and try to exchange hits with me. It's seriously funny. I just autoattack, ricochet, boomerang, back off and laugh. Enemy opponent at half health.

mufins

11-30-2011

where would you put her though and how would you build her?

there are much better champs than sivir at bot laning (malz/yorick/cass/soraka come to mind) and she will just get destroyed by tanky dps like any other ranged AD if you send her top.

MMKH

11-30-2011

I've seen a few Sivirs and Volibears on patch day already... it's like people already discover what's strong.

Necks

11-30-2011

Quote:
mufins:
where would you put her though and how would you build her?

there are much better champs than sivir at bot laning (malz/yorick/cass/soraka come to mind) and she will just get destroyed by tanky dps like any other ranged AD if you send her top.

...?

Soraka, Cass, Malz: Spam boomerang all day from maximum range, take a step forward and get free mana. Kill them with cleanse + ult whenever you please. Pick up a quicksilver sash on your way back and repeat.

Yorick: She counters Yorick's push with equally strong push. You won't be able to outright kill him, but you will never lose your tower to him. That, in itself, is powerful. Not many champions can stand up to an enemy Yorick in that way.

Top lane is pretty simple. You build her like any other AD caster; yes, you play her as an AD caster at top (as opposed to a brainless autoattacking squishy carry). Maximum CDR, health, armor, atma's. Don't bother buying attack speed items outside of Youmuu's Ghostblade (which synergizes so well with her ult, by the way).

I don't know, I just feel Sivir is in such a good place right now. Very satisfied with Riot's rework.

Shaxtenn

11-30-2011

I went bot against a Sivir two games in a row, both times as hybrid MF. I won both times.

Sivir is decent now, but she's not faceroll like Heimer or Yorick. There's some definite skill in knowing when to go all-in, and of course landing BBs.

Stez007

11-30-2011

Havent faced a Yorick yet this patch, but pre-patch Sivir could easily 1v1 Yorick and his ult with a Sanguine and Tabi.

Necks

11-30-2011

Quote:
Shaxtenn:
I went bot against a Sivir two games in a row, both times as hybrid MF. I won both times.

Sivir is decent now, but she's not faceroll like Heimer or Yorick. There's some definite skill in knowing when to go all-in, and of course landing BBs.

Agreed. A large part of Sivir's new skill cap is utilizing her attack-reset. Not many ranged carries have an autoattack resetter. : )

By the way, I'm not going to name anything, but Sivir has a few certain skins that I think are imbalanced. Yes, some of her skins are imbalanced, LAWL!

Because in some of them, her autoattack animation, boomerang, and ricochet all borrow the same exact particle effect. No extra glow or shininess from her abilities, no differences in the character model animations, nothing. It can really make counterplay difficult for opponents.

Jpeg

11-30-2011

I've had mixed results with sivir. She seems to have VERY bad matchups.

I had a couple games where i dominated bottom lane with her once farming over 16k. Then Nekrogen destroyed me twice, i had 0 tools to fight back .

I think she may be fine for top, but bottom lane is a no go.