I think Sivir's OP on Dominion.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

11-29-2011

If opponents try to play the game of attrition vs Sivir (passively clear minions, no one initiates), it's hilarious. Her boomerang has a 2 second cooldown (5 seconds with CDR, but the cooldown begins when you throw it, so it's 2~3 sec by the time the boomerang returns).

So you just spam boomerangs all day until you feel like running in to finish them off. And remember: You CANNOT...run...from Sivir. She will always get you.

Necks

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb getting sued View Post
I tried Sivir and I got stomped so I will agree that she is now harder to play
Well, a large portion of her damage is stored in the fact that ricochet resets her attacks. It's like trying to jungle with Trundle on SR without utilizing his double attacks with Q - it was impossible. It's something you just have to do, in order for the champion to succeed.

So there's a slightly higher learning curve with Sivir now that ricochet isn't a toggle-and-forget ability, but rather a low CD attack-resetting ability. More room for mastery of the champion though!

Argodis

11-29-2011

So people are finally realizing Sivir is good on Dominion?

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
She just got a very large buff.... she was always playable but never great on Dominion.

Argodis

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalerwons View Post
She just got a very large buff.... she was always playable but never great on Dominion.
lol what.

It's a nerf as her mana costs are higher(Riochet) and her pushing power is weaker. Her ult is also weaker and it's only better for allies and Sivir is usually chosen to solo bot.

The only thing better about her is she does better single target damage. Old Sivir > new Sivir on Dominion.

Necks

11-29-2011

Quote:
lol what.

It's a nerf as her mana costs are higher(Riochet) and her pushing power is weaker. Her ult is also weaker and it's only better for allies and Sivir is usually chosen to solo bot.

The only thing better about her is she does better single target damage. Old Sivir > new Sivir on Dominion.
Her pushing power was indeed nerfed. However, Sivir's new passive makes up for everything...even greater than the buffs in her other skills.

I seriously believe Sivir has one of the best passives in the game right now.

Argodis

11-29-2011

Her passive is good but I don't think it fits her. Between her ult and people thinking Sivir is an easy kill, I never had any trouble with anyone out running me. When they tried to run it was usually too late.

Edit: Every game I play now has a Sivir. Sad part is people don't know what outlanes her so she's looking like the new Heimer for now.

onethreeone

11-29-2011

Quote:
Old Sivir was only really viable bottom, and was a good choice but not top tier.

New Sivir is solid top, and a top tier choice bot.

Argodis

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by onethreeone View Post
Old Sivir was only really viable bottom, and was a good choice but not top tier.

New Sivir is solid top, and a top tier choice bot.
Edit; read that wrong.

My mistake.

onethreeone

11-29-2011

Quote:
If you say so.

People really don't understand champions at all.
edit: dangit, you retracted, lol. I'll keep my post up for any other new Sivir haters, though.

Sounds like you're one of them. She got a huge buff for Dom:

+ She now gets more benefit from ArP, which is easier to rune / mastery / itemize for, and Dom has a global ArP buff.

+ She has longer range

+ Ricochet only needs 1 skill point to hit 5 targets. Now she can focus on BB first, further buffing her safe damage source

+ Better at chasing her opponents when she does land one of those buffed BB's

Sure she still has mana problems, but she doesn't even have to itemize for it in Dom. All she has to do is be smart about med paks.

- Lost some AS, but that's not important for the majority of a Dom game. She can still get plenty of AS with a Wits End & PD, and now gets better use out of getting +Dmg items.

Damage, distance, itemization, and chasing got buffed, minion clearing got slightly nerfed. All in all a huge Dom buff.

123456 ... 7