Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

For Those Who Main The Jungle Role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crÿ

11-29-2011

Have you lost all desire to play like me? I really just don't want to do anything until they fix (or revert) the jungle change. It completely removes the aggressive game play that Riot was aiming for.

I'm not begging for a revert. I'm just looking for some signal that Riot sees what we see. Because from the Riot posts I've seen so far, it looks like they don't see the massive hit that junglers have taken.

wall of text #2

Before this change, you used to be able to sit in a bush outside of a lane waiting for the perfect time to gank. We were able to do this without screwing ourselves over with exp/gold, but now if you spend more than a minute ganking a lane, you're just setting yourself up for failure.

I understand they wanted to make jungling more available to lower levels, but what they inadvertently created was a reason for teams to not pick a jungler at all.

I think they will make a hotfix to this, I really do. They are really good at listening to their community, and this seems like a pretty obvious issue. I understand they make changes for a reason, and they learn from those changes. So hopefully they learn that they just pushed the envelope a little too far, and decide to re-buff the jungle. It'd be a shame to lose this role, without a doubt, I would quit if this happened.

wall of text #3

@Zeusified / Junglers who have taken notes and/or re-strategized.

I've spent the day doing what you have done, but I never really took notes. I was just junging to try to prove myself that this change would be alright. But when you look back, you have to see the difference between now and then. Sure it's still possible, but is it viable? Jungling was always about the early game ganks; late game, your buffs went to your carries in the lanes. If you remove the entire early game gank aspect, what do you have left?

The main point that I'm trying to make is that early game aggression has blown completely out the door and is long gone. There is hardly a risk anymore to pushing a lane too far; a 75 gold ward has a 99% chance of setting the enemy jungler behind sometimes an entire level. The role that the jungler had of securing a late game advantage seems to be non-existent now.

/Crÿ

Quote:
Spacewolfman:
I just finished my first jungle game since the patch, and went 6/1/7 as Phoenix Udyr. Good game, our team stomped them good, and I made a lot of plays happen from the jungle.

And I hate it.

The ONLY meaningful choice these changes give me as a jungler are: 1) stay in the jungle and farm eternally to keep from falling behind on XP and gold, or 2) gank/support lanes and if a kill does not happen (even if I force them to flash and recall) fall behind on XP and gold because camps are sitting unkilled in my jungle, and the numbers are tunes so that they have to go down immediately for me to maintain the same XP/gold gain of the old jungle.

If I had failed one gank in that game, if the enemy had been skilled enough not to die when I showed up or just killed me, I would have had to sit in the jungle trying desperately to catch up, ignoring my team's request for help. That's a horrible feeling to have when considering whether being a team player is worth it or not.

This sums it up. The jungler has become restricted to a strategy that is as boring as last-hitting minions in lane. It's high risk/lack-luster reward. We're putting more on the line for less than what we used to get out of it.

Quote:
Freeqsalot:
I really don't know what to say or do to help this out really. I've played nearly 10 games today with my best junglers, Trundle, Udyr and Malphite and it has all been very disappointing. The lvl gap that occurs from unsuccessful ganks has hurt very bad and as a result it has hurt my ability to tank mid/late game. I simply can't keep up. Whether it's xp or money I am behind and it sucks really bad especially since I try my best to help and do my job which is tanking but I am simply under geared to make too much of a difference.

Perhaps if they reverted one or the other, xp or money this could offset something. As it stand right now I am not having fun with the game because I am feeling useless as it stands. I'm going to try to get back in the groove of lanning because I am not viable in the jungle right now. I don't know if it's because I'm not good enough of a player or my inability to adapt but it sucks in the jungle right now

Mills Mess

11-29-2011

Mhm. I quit.

Highskore

11-29-2011

Me.

QQ

KilICam

Recruiter

11-29-2011

Going to look for Dota 2 keys until jungle revert.

Freudia

11-29-2011

I don't even main jungling and this patch has made me want to stop playing until they fix this mess.

Warkeiser

11-29-2011

New jungle feels very anemic. I don't like it.

Doesn't mean I'll stop jungling, though.

TinyShrimpFan

11-29-2011

Yup, I quit today. Will frequent the forums to see if they fix it like they did katarina's shunpo

Valotz

11-29-2011

I'm done with jungling. I actually played ap shaco mid in my last game I picked a jungle champ.

Pear666

11-29-2011

I am still testing (have been testing for 2 hours)

the jungle is so weak now btw counter jungle is not viable time/gold/xp wise, even less if you leave one

DannyIzSik

11-29-2011

I hate the jungle so much now. You gank a lane once and you get so underleveled................it forces you to stay in the **** jungle and never gank.