Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Volibear's Hidden Passive Discovered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wexiomatic

11-29-2011

So after playing Volibear in a few co-op games, I decided to take him into a real game. The game loads up and I notice a buff on my buff bar that looks exactly like Zilean's Experience buff, except it has a red slash through it. I'm puzzled at first, because I know the other team has a Zilean, but we don't. So I take a close look and see that it's actually a different buff altogether. I don't remember the name exactly, but I was along the lines of "Hatred for the Chronokeeper". It read that Volibear has a burning hatred for Zilean for trying to prevent him from getting into the League of Legends (against, paraphrasing here). Me and my team have a laugh about it, and I think that's all there is to it.

Later on though, I go to gank Graves and Zilean at bottom. I manage to get the kill on Zilean, and as I do, Volibear yells out for both teams to hear that "Now you've been put in your place, Chronokeeper!" (again paraphrasing). I thought it was hilarious, and for the rest of the game made it my goal to keep killing Zilean. Sure enough, he said something every time he killed him, and there's even a second phrase in there that alternates with the first.

Volibear may be in the League now, but it seems his hatred for Zileas...I mean Zilean, will never die. That guy must have REALLY pissed Volibar, I mean Volibear, off. Let this be a lesson to you summoners; Armored Bears hold hard grudges.

Edit: Posters have revealed much! Thanks to ZZZappy and hpue for the following information.

Volibear's Buff: Chronokeeper Hater ("Not even Zilean could keep an armored bear out of the league&quot
Zilean's Buff: Armored Bear Hater ("Back in my day we'd never allow an armored bear into the league&quot

Volibear's Quotes Upon Killing Zilean:

"I have a special claw for you, Zilean."
"Your time has run out, CHRONOKEEPER!"

I still want to test and see if there is anything else to this passive (more damage against, an effect if Zilean's on your team), and report back to you guys. Please let me know if you find out anything else to this passive. Also, if someone knows of a link that details the great Zileas/Volibar conflict over armored bears, please post it here so I can link it in the main post. Thanks!

CheeseBurguer

11-29-2011

Must test it myself.I don't have Voli but i can always use Zilean.

If true i can say that its awesome

Sneeringer

11-29-2011

can someone explain why? I don't understand the whole "Volibar and Zileas" thing. I know theyre both Riot designers, but what happened? Is it just a running gag? Why?

the gayest

11-29-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1538908

"I have a special claw for you, Zilean."
"Your time has run out, CHRONOKEEPER!"

Plus the little indicator above your abilities for both Zilean and Volibear (Armored Bear hater, Chronokeeper hater respectively)s

Embs

11-29-2011

Great, now eye'm gonna have to buy the bear when eye get home to test this.

Have you tried letting Zilean kill you?

Surgentia

11-29-2011

Quote:
Knee o Justice:
can someone explain why? I don't understand the whole "Volibar and Zileas" thing. I know theyre both Riot designers, but what happened? Is it just a running gag? Why?

You must be new here

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

11-29-2011

Ha. Nice.

PSKenshi

11-29-2011

i cant wait for free zilean week!

Metalopol

11-29-2011

Quote:
Knee o Justice:

Volibar wanted armored bears
Zileas did not want armored bears
???????
Volibear hates Zilean
profit?? no, no profit. Just a good laugh every time a Zilean dies.

the gayest

11-29-2011

Quote:
EyeKat:
Great, now eye'm gonna have to buy the bear when eye get home to test this.

Have you tried letting Zilean kill you?

Zilean says nothing when he kills Volibear. He has an indicator above his abilities bar that says:

"Armored bear hater
Back in my day, we'd never allow an armored bear into the league." (or something similar to this)