Thoughts for game I hope you like.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2Win

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

I dont post much as you can see. I do on the other hand read the forums alot. I wanted to wait for about 6 months before I made any posts on here so here I go. Before I do thought I want to thank the developers for constantly making this game better.

1) I think it would be interesting to have a custom map that we can play to test out new champions one week before they are released. The way we could give our input is after the match is over we have the option to make a post that would be sent to the developers. This way we as a community can help work out any thing they might of over looked. To keep down on the amount of people that would do this to avoid an overwhelming flood of mail to them. There should be a fee of IP of around 300 to 500. the match game would give no exp or IP as well. I dont think it should cost RP and the reason is so we all can contribute.

I think I will just leave this post to one idea at a time. I will post more later down the road.

MorderX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

If they do so, they will lose money. On the other hand, you can test the champion 2 weeks after it is released.

I thought Fizz was good, I tested him today and he's for sure the last on my to-buy list.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-29-2011

Eh, doesn't sound too well thought out to be honest.

Who would be playing the other 4 or 9 champions in the game? (Blind Pick/Draft) You can't have a game with 10 of the same champion running around...

They have internal testing for the basics, and then the first week or two of their release to get the fine tuning done, when they'll get more people playing the champ than they would for something like this.

There's also the fact that they simply don't want the data leaked before patch day, there's a reason they had a public test realm and then closed it because people were leaking things...

2Win

11-29-2011

I dont see the problem with it at all. Also you can only pick one champion at a time. As far as the champion release it would be the same as now just wont be able to play it in regular games or purchase the champion. Honestly I think it would solve alot of the issues ppl have in the game. People would feel like they are contributing to the developement of the game increasing the Player Developer relationship. ANyways like I said dont know if they really look at these posts anyways. This was just a thought I had was all.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-30-2011

If you can only pick one champion, what happens if two people on the same team are using that champion? (This is why the free week is there, so that you always have options if 'your guy' gets picked.)

Again 90% of the people or more are going to want to play either the newest champion, or the flavor of the week. Say you have 100 people, how are you going to make games if even 30 people want to be the same champion?

To be blunt, who cares if people 'feel they are contributing', because to be honest as is I can't see how your system would actually contribute. People would use this not as an opportunity to 'help', but as an opportunity 'try out stuff early'. Heck even betas for games, whether open or closed, are filled with people complaining about the obvious issues (it lags, there's a gigantic bug, it's not finished yet). Betas and testing aren't there for the user experience, they're there for the developer.

2Win

11-30-2011

I think your off key here a little.

1st the match would be organized like any other match in the game only one player on each side can play a champion at a time
2nd It will cost ppl 300 to 500 IP points to participate that alone will minimize the spam.

3rd I do think people care if they are being heard thats the point of the forums to be heard the only difference is you halfto pay for your opinion so better make it a good one for the price. In fact I would even raise the price to 1000 ip or more. I would pay to do this.

Example I think that they need to fix Heimerdingers movement speed so he can have a chance at getting away as he is squishy as all caqn be. If this was in effect I would halfto pay ther IP to talk to the developerws and hopefully they would send a reply in the forum mail as a curtisy saying why they have him the way he is rather than best guess. Remember my friend this is just an example and idea at best.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-30-2011

/sigh

1) You said you can only try one champion out at a time, which means the game needs to match based on champion preference, not skill level. In addition, as I said, everyone will want to play a select few champions, especially the new champion that isn't out yet (as that's the entire concept behind your idea).

2) Cost is irrelevant, though I'd put an RP cost on it if anything, as it's something that you don't want people taking lightly; to be honest, I could throw a few thousand IP around without caring.

3) I said the 'perception' of being useful is, ironically, useless, not that actually being useful is bad.

Why should those with more time or money have more of a say in the game? Just because _you_ think there's an issue with something doesn't mean there is. If you had to pay to speak to the developers at all, the only people who would be giving feedback are those with spare time or money, not necessarily the ones who would give the best feedback. You're contradicting yourself here; 'that's why the forums are here', then use them, as in your own words, that's why the forums are here...

2Win

11-30-2011

Thats ok I think my idea has potential. I love your remarks on this. Some people will like the idea and some wont.

fuzzy13

11-30-2011

U had a decent idea but panzer is right. In a nut shell all this would do is make it to were u could play a new champ 1 week before u can buy it. Even putting rp on it wont help much bc just bc someone pays to do it doesnt meen their in put is good

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-30-2011

It's not just that 'some will like it and some won't,' it's that you refuse to comment on any of the half dozen or more glaring flaws I've pointed out in your idea...