Kog'Maw, good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Piffster

07-03-2010

So I'm thinking of buying Kog'Maw, I've watched some videos and he seems fun, but I've only played against one and I owned him with Kat. Is he a good champ, UP or fine?

Also, am I going to need an entire rune page devoted to him to make him viable.

Thanks

LDrp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

nope he is not, all he has going for him is a reveal, no stun no slow, and he is a Physical DPS with all long range abilities.

Brassherald

07-03-2010

And he doesn't look nearly as cool as he should, I thought he'd look like the Giant worm alien from MIB2, but he doesn't... So stupid.

Lü Bu

07-03-2010

Since you have seen videos already, one more ain't gonna hurt yah. I recorded them in real games, and left vent on so you can hear us cuss like pirates, yarrrrrrrrgg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6YhlFvCfw

Let me tell you about Kog'Maw, he is a Rock Lizard. You usually find him in South Gustaburg in FFXI, but now he is here throwing up green rocks at people. He is a very solid character in my humble opinion and I have wrote a guide on how to play him, you can find the link in the youtube.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsteaks View Post
nope he is not, all he has going for him is a reveal, no stun no slow, and he is a Physical DPS with all long range abilities.

Excuse me, but have you even played with/against Kog'Maw? Or even read his abilities?

Of course he has a slow. That's what his E is built for. To slow people. It does decent damage too.

He also is a part caster, using his E and his R to hit people for magic damage at long range.

I think Kog is a solid character overall. Maybe a little too item dependant, but his R will eat squishies and runners alive, while his W will destroy tanks like nobodys business. His only real weakness is his inability to escape, but he is built to be artillery (hence the name of his ult, Living Artillery). He is built to stay in the back, doing damage from a huge distance.

I love him, and he's a lot of fun to play.

Probably the only thing I don't like about him is that whenever he uses his ult, it reveals you to the enemy too. Trying to snipe from the jungle? Well, you just gave yourself away out of position. Good job.

ChaosBattalion

07-03-2010

I've never played with/against it. But i intend to buy him and learn how to play with him effectively. As for the reveal from his ult it makes sense. Just use the mobility boots to readjust your position... or flash after shot

phalzum

07-03-2010

kog'maw is pretty ridiculous tbh.... his ult is rapes for harassment. and his passive is pretty crazy good too. ive pretty much just seen people going all A
P and they've all done really well. I think he is one of the best champs right now :/

phalzum

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lu Bu View Post
Since you have seen videos already, one more ain't gonna hurt yah. I recorded them in real games, and left vent on so you can hear us cuss like pirates, yarrrrrrrrgg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts6YhlFvCfw

Let me tell you about Kog'Maw, he is a Rock Lizard. You usually find him in South Gustaburg in FFXI, but now he is here throwing up green rocks at people. He is a very solid character in my humble opinion and I have wrote a guide on how to play him, you can find the link in the youtube.
lol nice advise on being pro on stealing the kills

Carados

07-03-2010

He's hidiously good in the right team comp.

Play with a Janna, Soraka, Ashe, and Heimerdinger, win games.

ptoss1

07-03-2010

Kog'Maw is one of those champs that go with the stun/assassin partners.
His ult does pretty decent damage if it hits repeatedly.
Of course, the good thing is that his range is so long.

I once killed a Heimerdinger at 80% health just by chasing him from behind.
It was pretty funny because all 5 of them were there and for some reason didn't turn back to fight me.

Best use:

Let an Alistar go in and soak up all the damage. Meanwhile, repeatedly bomb the enemies with your ult. Once that's done, go in and kamikaze. By then your teammates should be able to clean up and ace.