What does AD/AS/AP mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Panda Bear

07-03-2010

Well I'm guessing
AS = Attack Speed
AP = Attack Power
AD = Something that has to do with defence?

May someone clarify :]? Thanks

TKana

07-03-2010

Attack Speed
Ability Power
Attack Damage

Helfeather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKana View Post
Attack Speed
Ability Power
Attack Damage
Attack speed increases the rate at which your champion auto attacks(right clicking).

Ability power increases the damage of your champion's spells/abilities(shown in green when you mouse over it).

Attack damage increases the damage of your champion's auto attacks(and affects some abilities that state it counts attack damage or adds on to normal attacks)

cwatz

Adjudicator

07-03-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=110065

This is a good thread to read to learn all of the common sayings.

BlazenHoly

04-12-2011

Yes it is,finally i know wat it mean,but some people calling other people noobs cuz they dnt know wat that mean

AngryHumping

04-13-2011

So what do people in this game mean when they talk about DPS as being something different than AP or AD? As in it seems like people consider a DPS build to be a different thing than an AP/AD build, what is the difference?

Xanthalis

04-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryHumping View Post
So what do people in this game mean when they talk about DPS as being something different than AP or AD? As in it seems like people consider a DPS build to be a different thing than an AP/AD build, what is the difference?
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but it may depend on the champion being discussed. Some champs gain certain bonuses from different stats. I don't know all examples, but Olaf gains benefit from having HP and Amumu gains something from having armor and/or resists (I think, I don't play him).

Also some champs benefit from having an insane AS, though it doesn't mean they'd ignore AD. Warwick is one, if you build him with a good attack speed and some items that have "On Hit" effects he performs quite well.

Hope this helps.

xpsychedelico

04-13-2011

Usually DPS (damage per second) refers to champions that scale well with AD and rely on auto attack to deal damage and are not reliant on cooldowns (i.e. Pantheon is not DPS, he is a physical caster since he is mostly reliant on his abilities to do damage, and they scale with AD).

However, mages with low cooldowns and spammable abilities, such as Ryze and Cass, can be considered DPS mages as they are able to deal damage consistently.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-13-2011

Unfortunately, I think 'DPS' is the term I hate how it is used the most. Anyone that isn't focused on support/initiating and tanking/soaking, is a dps champion. Take WoW, mages were handsdown the best 'burst dpsers' in short fights, but another class (was it locks at that time) had better 'sustained dps.' All 'dps' means is that you're doing damage, and you're calculating how quickly you output that damage, whether you can keep that output up is where burst/sustained comes into play. The type of damage is magical/physical, and how the damage is applied is on auto attack/through abilities.

Maxitrux

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKana View Post
Attack Speed
Ability Power
Attack Damage
what's the difference between power and damage