Warwick buff/rework with the jungling update

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

I was considering calling this "power-creep update v2" but right now, I think Warwick needs a flat out buff. Also, skip down to the bolded letters to see the suggestions.

In this patch, there are two things that stand out heavily as nerfs to Warwick's jungle game:

-Small camps now respawn faster, but have reduced rewards.

-Small camps now have a Healing Sigil, healing the killer based upon how much health they are missing.

These two changes reduces the effect of one of Warwick's key attributes and hits him in his weakspot. They are:

-Warwick's safety while jungling. Warwick gains little to no benefit from the healing sigils because he already regains a ton of health from life steal and won't have health missing (Even while starting with longsword). This was also nerfed due to lanewick.

-Warwick's absurdly slow jungle speed. This was a compensation for his safety while jungling. With the advent of new junglers, Warwick was left behind.

This is as opposed to other junglers who definitely benefit:

-Tryndamere and Olaf especially who can jungle even faster now.

-CD-based junglers who don't, you know, rely on MANA or anything with the constantly respawning camps that don't offer MANA recovery.

What stood out about the patch preview was the intention of making ganking more unpredictable. In regards to Warwick?

Warwick has absolutely zero ganking capabilities before level 6. This means he's just going to stay in the jungle with the constantly respawning mobs that he will slowly kill until then, rather than ineffectually gank with his nerfed red buff. This is incredibly passive play that doesn't fit into the philosophy that Riot is trying to push with this change.

Instead of administering band-aid fixes to Warwick, I'm suggesting a complete overhaul of his abilities. The goal being that after this patch, Warwick will get a complete facelift to be more in line with new champions. This means model updates to commemorate.

And now, THE BUFFS

Eternal Thirst
:
- Warwick’s attacks steal 1 / 1.5 / 2% of the target’s maximum health as physical damage. The amount Warwick steals increases by 25% for each successive attack against the target, stacking up to 3 times (additive). (10 / 20 / 30 health restore cap) (amount increases at levels 1/7/13)

Hungering Strike:
-Heal from damage changed to a flat amount of heal on use. Hungering Strike now heals for 60% of its damage value, unmitigated by enemy resistances.
-Hungering Strike's heal now scales with 10% of Warwick's bonus health

Hunter's Call:
-Now passively grants Warwick half the attack speed bonus and simply grants the passive bonus again to Warwick and his allies when activated.

Bloodscent:
-Passively increases Warwick's movement speed by 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8% which quintuples when an enemy is detected by Bloodscent.
-Bloodscent's range decreased from 1500/2300/3100/3900/4700 to 1500/1650/1800/1950/2300
-Does not give a tracking icon to enemies when they are spotted.
-Bloodscent has an active that fears enemies around Warwick or currently being tracked by Bloodscent for .75 seconds. 20/18/16/14/12 second cooldown. 30 mana cost.

Infinite Duress:
-Duration reduced from 1.8 to 1 seconds
-Damage changed from 200/300/400 + 165% of total AD magic damage to 250/350/450 + 2.5 bonus AD physical damage.
-Cooldown decreased by 10 seconds at all levels.

Model/Animation changes:

-Warwick has been taking regular workout sessions in Mundo's gym and is now approximately 20% bigger.

-Singed has been mixing something weird into Warwick's shampoo... His fur texture is a lot smoother and his tail is now 100% fluffier.

-Warwick's stance is now more aggressive. He's more bouncy and he's not hanging his arms at his sides any more.

-Warwick doesn't float when he runs.

-While moving faster under Bloodscent, Warwick now runs on all fours.

-Those .8 seconds of Infinite Duress have been visually compressed into the remaining second. It now looks alot more painful.

-When left idling for awhile, Warwick will scratch his ears with his hind-legs.

Intentions of the changes:

-Warwick's innate is now focused on % health lifesteal. This nerfs the health received while jungling in exchange for damage. The cap prevents him from ever gaining as much as he does now on bigger mobs.

-Hungering Strike's health gain was nerfed early on because of the other changes that would make Warwick too powerful in lane again. Late game due to the way it works, it's a much more consistent heal and encourages Warwick to build tanky since it doesn't scale just off of the enemy.

-Hunter's Call is a flat out buff that brings it in line with Xin and Nocturne in terms of mechanics (half on passive, the other half on active).

-Warwick's Bloodscent range has been nerfed, but the always active speed boost now allows him to catch up to champions without his ult.

-Warwick's new fear effect leads to tactical decisions (of which he had very few) of when to use due to the long CD, and allows Warwick to gank pre-6, fulfilling Riot's design philosophy.

-Warwick's Infinite Duress has had its duration and base damage nerfed. It also deals physical damage rather than magical. However, it can be used alot more often. While his total CC duration has been nerfed (and is now partially reducible), the very fast damage and splitting of his CC makes him more versatile as he can't be shut down as easily by QSS or interrupts.

-The change to mostly physical damage means that Warwick has build paths other than the Malady / Wit's End / Madred's proc fest that it is now.

-Warwick's post level 6 ganks shouldn't be too much better than what it is currently.

Yes, I know I went overboard on a few points, but this is where community feedback comes into play. The jungling changes hurt Warwick who's already middle of the pack when it comes to junglers, so buffs ARE needed.

SupremeKhan

11-28-2011

Bump for great justice!!!!!!!!! Marvelous thought and effort put into this thread!

Amaranthíne

12-01-2011

I'd like to see this, WW is pretty slow at jungling compared to most now, and since they reworked jungle to give sustain his sustain doesn't really matter much.

RyuPhalian

12-02-2011

I like where you're going with this. I would love for Riot to help Warwick since he was my favorit Champion to use before the Jungle nerf. As for the asthetic changes, you may want to check out Feral Warwick, he looks pretty beast. You have my full support!

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

It's funny, I guess a poll makes people not want to read through the actual post.

And I think Feral Warwick's eyes are just creepy. Not Feral creepy, more like zombie creepy. (Thriller isn't helping here)

Apraxas

12-03-2011

Imho all the changes id like him to receive is aoe dmg on hungering strike + .5s stun (only healing received is from the dmg to the main target and only stunning the main target too.) this helps with the pre 6 ganks and jungle farming at the same time, plus the range is pretty small so it woudnt be op on team fights.

and the blood scent change is cool too, thats all,

Red Tsar

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantwings View Post

model/animation changes:

-warwick has been taking regular workout sessions in mundo's gym and is now approximately 20% bigger.

-singed has been mixing something weird into warwick's shampoo... His fur texture is a lot smoother and his tail is now 100% fluffier.

-warwick's stance is now more aggressive. He's more bouncy and he's not hanging his arms at his sides any more.

-warwick doesn't float when he runs.

-while moving faster under bloodscent, warwick now runs on all fours.

-those .8 seconds of infinite duress have been visually compressed into the remaining second. It now looks alot more painful.

-when left idling for awhile, warwick will scratch his ears with his hind-legs.

yes

Raidarc

12-03-2011

Bump!

Feno The Wolf

12-03-2011

bump