The Birth of Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palasit

06-20-2012

Hey All, this is my FIRST FAN FICTION. I dont know if this is entirely accurate. Some may find it wrong, some may appreciate it for the twist behind Ashe. Either way i hope you enjoy, post if you would like more and with feedpack please!

Chapter 1: Infant

"There over there!"
"I see it, men ready your arms"
"Aim... Fire!"

Arrows whirled through the air, rain crashed down from the sky, aiming at a target unknown to most of the men there. It dashed through the trees, dodging every arrow without making a sound.

"There it goes, after the bloody fiend" Cried the captain. As the troops prepared for the chase the creature let out a high screech, piercing the ears of anyone who heard, making them fall to their knees. The water on the ground froze as the rain turned into shards of hail, ravaging the soldiers, blood dripping from the wounds. After minutes of a frozen hell the rain turned into water, leaving slush on the ground. King Zyphen looked up, franticly looking around.

"To Hell of which the creator of such a beast lies. Snow here, hail there, no sun for the crops! Millions starving in the kingdom as that thing hides in the forest. A creature full of power, yet the same, a coward." His wife, Queen Avarosa, puts a gentle hand on his shoulder
"Zyphen, I...."
Silenced finished her sentence as a streak of hope entered her eye. Gripping her bow she sprinted off into the dark.
"Avarosa" Zyphen roared "Avarosa, what are you waiting for? Follow her!"

Branches gashed her face while rain poured down her back as Avarosa barreled towards the light. The glow grew warmer and warmer until she saw the creature. The blue eyes glared at her from the darkness as the shadow took flight and soared above her. Raising the bow, arrow in hand, she pulled the string back ready to let the arrow sink into her enemy's skin. Then the cry of an infant startled her as she shot. The arrow whirled past the creature as it flew into the darkness. Impulse took over as she dropped the bow and rushed toward the glow. It was a cave. She hesitated to enter.
What if the creature is in there or if there were more? She heard the cry again and rushed into the cave. Upon entrance she saw a huge nest, it was made of ice, each crevice and curve was finely cut, un-humanlike structure. Gripping the cold, jagged edges, she pulled herself up to find a heart-warming shadow.

Freshly fallen snow covered her colorless hair. Her cheeks were dotted with little roses in contrast to her pale skin. Upon feeling the presence of other human life, a cry came from her ruby lips as Amphora scooped her up, cuddling her against her breast, stroking the child’s hair with her fingers. Feeling the nails glide against her scalp, the baby calmed and looked to see its savior. The soft look comforted the infant as Avarosa starred into her eyes. The pigment matched the ice crystals on the walls as the black pupil starred directly back.

"Avarosa! Avarosa?! Quickly men, into the cave!" Zyphen burst into the cave with blind fury, ready to strike any creature that moved. His anger subdued upon seeing his wife cradling an infant in her arms.

"Her skin is almost as cold as the nest she was in, we need to get her back to a healer right away" Zyphen nodded and left the cave with Avarosa trailing behind.

Chapter 2: Childhood Part 1

Once the child fully recovered Avarosa claimed to the kingdom that the new child, "Ashe", was of direct disendence and covered up how she was actually found. None of the guards who witnessed the finding of the infant were sworn to secrecy.

Until Ashe was about seven Avarosa kept a close eye on her, for fear of the creature's return. However when no signs were visible of the creatures return Avarosa let Ashe attend a school for the wealthy. Unfortunately, with such an unusual physique, Ashe had a hard time making friends. So she clung to her sister Zyla who was 12 at the time.

"I'm so bored... There is nothing to do around here Zyla" Ashe exclaimed. They were sitting under a tree in front of the palace, enjoying the summer breeze as the sun scorched the ground.

"Hmm what is there to do... " Zyla pondered "I know! Why don't we go into the forest? I'll teach u how to hunt."

"But daddy said never to go in the forest without him"

"Ahh we will be ok. C'mon I'll grab my bow, you can us my spear"

"I guess so"

They raced into the house, rushing to get the gear before anyone saw and bounded for the forest. Ashe had never been to the forest so close, ever since infanthood anyway. She looked up to see the trees tower over her, higher than any building in the kingdom. The smell of pollen surrounded her as the breeze sent a chill up her skin forming little bumps on her white skin. Bugs buzzed around her, flying everywhere, between her and her sister, her arms, her legs, and occasionally, into her eye. She didn’t care though, she loved everything about the forest.

"This place is amazing..."

"Hush you'll scare it" harped Zyla. Ashe looked just in time to see an arrow fly by the head of a squirrel, making it flee. "Aww now look at what your babbling did. No matter, there’s another one. Ashe all you need to do is focus on the animal, be the animal, and when the feeling is right, let your spear fly."

Ashe nodded, closing her eyes she saw the squirrel in her mind. The soft fur, weaving itself on top of the pink skin, making a thick coat to keep the creature warm.She heard the animal's heart beat as she became one with the tiny beast. With all her strength she let the spear fly. It whipped through the air, skimming the atoms as the spear landed with a crack. Excitedly Ashe opened her eyes, but to her disappointment all she hit was the tree.
Zyla was rolling on the floor in an uncontrollable laughter.
"What was that?! I said to hit the squirrel not the tree! Haha this might be harder than i thought with your amazing coordination!" Ashe was about to throw a punch at her sister when, "Help! Someone help!" The deathly scream came from deeper in the forest. Zyla froze in fear, she didn't know what to do, they weren't supposed to be out in the forest, but someone needed help. She had to make a decision.

"Let’s go get daddy Ashe!.. Ashe?! Where are you going?" Zyla screamed.
It was too late; Ashe had gone into a full sprint into the woods.

Just like her mother had done for her, Ashe ran as fast as her legs could toward the scream. Getting closer and closer she cut through the bushes to find the voice. It came from a figure in distraught shape. His face had a gash stretching from the eye to the corner of his mouth. Blood was pouring onto his shirt as pools of it formed in the crevices of his skin. His arm was snapped backwards and the bone pierced through the skin. Ashe ignore the sight and ran beside him.

"Sir, sir are you awake?"

He looked up into her eyes at first calmingly, but then his relaxed disposition froze. His pupils widened as his body went into shock. He screamed "Run child! Before it-". Unable to finish due to the loud roar heard behind them. Ashe whirled around to see what it was. The creature looked like it was made of rock. Vines clung to the cracks in its body as a blue light glowed from what seemed to be the eye. Ashe looked around for her spear, but to no avail, she had left it back with Zyla. Stricken with panic, Ashe felt around for anything she could use to defend herself. Her fingers came across a bow and only one arrow. She grabbed them both as the creature moved towards them. Then a echo appeared in her head. "focus on the ice in your heart, draw back the arrow, and let your soul take it from there". Not knowing who the voice was, Ashe listened. She picked up the bow, closed her eyes and drew back the arrow. Feeling her body freeze, Ashe remained calm as ice formed at the tip of the arrow. Then Zyla's voice appeared in her head "be one with the creature Ashe." Picturing the golem in her head, she let go. The arrow shot off, leaving a snowy trail behind. The tip split the air, crashed through the trees as the arrow sunk into the creature's eye. The glow from the creature disappeared as the creature shook the ground as it fell to its death.

Eredaar

06-20-2012

well written gj not lore accurate but meh doesn't matter

ShadowMantis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2012

Nicely written. Some grammatical errors and awkward sentences here and there, but overall a good progression. Would like to read more. Keep it up.

Palasit

06-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMantis View Post
Nicely written. Some grammatical errors and awkward sentences here and there, but overall a good progression. Would like to read more. Keep it up.
Thanks both of you! Please spread this around, if it gets bumped to 2 pages ill add another

tom12345

06-20-2012

letm e help ya^^

tom12345

06-20-2012

still working on the bump

tom12345

06-20-2012

/wait if ur a wrenchmen, do u fix riot's game?

Palasit

06-20-2012

nope i just help with the small issues that are fixable from the user's side

Palasit

06-23-2012

Anyone Else?