Dominion Meta Sucks - See Something New - Ire Gaming Stream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eljer

11-28-2011

Had some good games this evening. All strategy criticism welcomed! Let us know what you think, and especially if you have interesting strategy thoughts.

For the record... We don't think we are special... Just interested in advancing the Dominion game state.

Grubar

11-28-2011

Glad to hear my blitz is bad, good thing we won most of our games.

The point of 2 bottom is to not force a stalemate. The 2 you send bottom need to be able to push into champions and win the lane, otherwise there is no point in sending 2 bottom. This then forces 3 top which is better in my opinion, less chance for 4 people to zerg your remaining defenders in case some needed to heal, buy, etc. This is also a better feeling strategy for solo/duo queue because you have much more effect on the game with the 2 people bottom.

Yes, this doesn't work well if people catch onto it, but the point is you can't always know its coming.. just like in SC2, proxy is a good strategy sometimes, even if it doesn't always work.

Anyway, we are going to keep messing around with stuff whenever we play because 4 top 1 bot is meh in my opinion.

We will generally be on around 8pm PST until 10pm.. so feel free to friend me and we can talk strategy and try stuff out.

brb getting sued

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
What's the point of a 2v2 bot stalemate when you can have a 1v1 (with one player getting super farmed so they can theoretically defend easily), when having 2 bot doesn't provide any significant benefits?
what if one of the two is a champion who does not need farm and can let the other guy get all the farm

someone who can 'support' the other champion even with a very limited amount of gold

someone like dr. mundo

lbgsloan

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
You must play blind pick, where everyone wants to 4 man windmill zerg the entire game and and castrate you if you do anything else. lol
Nah you get, "Why are there 2 bot?!?!?!?!?" from ******* in draft as well.

I have a lot more fun when you get 3 top/2 bottom games. Makes bottom less of a boring stalemate and top sees a lot less hopeless fights where it's 2v4 because people had to go back to heal/shop.

KimKelley

11-29-2011

I didn't see the stream. From context of posts I'm hearing you send 2 bottom and three top? Here are my questions:

1. Are both people stopping to cap your bot point or is one person rushing the enemy bot?

2. I assume the 3 people going top aren't fully engaging in the windmill battle vs 4 opponents (which would/should result in a wipe). So what are they doing? Just preventing a cap? Trying to kite a couple people to their death?

3. Is there some sort of group metric for when to abandon their bottom and focus on windmill or is there almost always 2 people bottom?

lbgsloan

11-29-2011

I didn't see it either, but I'm assuming the correct solution is to either
a) not send 2 bot until windmill is under control or
b) make **** sure 2 bot succeeds in capping the enemy bot while the 3 top just stall. When they send 1-2 people away to deal with bot, then the 3 top move in for real.

Usually when I see 2 bot strategies, the other team is more or less forced to respond by sending 2 bot as well. If they do not, any gains they get from windmill will be lost due to constantly losing bottom. You simply cannot 1v2 in Dominion for very long.

Jpeg

11-29-2011

why don't you have any VoDs? That would give you/us some reference points.

Psi21

11-29-2011

Jungle domination (such that Teemo and AP Shaco provide) plus a champ with escape constantly challenging your mid will disrupt this 3 & 2 method.

And since bot is so close to respawn it won't be held for long.

Grubar

11-29-2011

Sorry for no VOD's I am semi new to streaming and don't have everything set up perfectly yet. I was not sure how much attention this would get. If any at all so I haven't put the time into setting everything up. If it is interesting to people, then I will start doing so.

Our current strategy is sending 2 bottom, you skip capturing your bottom point and send both players through the jungle to interrupt the capture of your enemies bottom point. Then you kill him/force him back and capture their first point. Your top 3 players simply poke/kite and try to delay windmill capture as long as possible. Eventually a second player comes from top and the game falls into a 3top 2bot meta. We have more ideas we plan to try out as well. The problem is we don't have a normal 5 man team, usually just 3-4 so its harder to do full strategies with pubs.

I will keep checking back to this post, if people want to join us send me a friend request.

Jpeg

11-29-2011

making vods on own3d.tv is easy. no reason not too.