Dominion Meta Sucks - See Something New - Ire Gaming Stream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrogen

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljer View Post
Agreed on Leona, she is underpowered for sure. We've been running the rush to bottom for a few days now and it works great as long as your team understands what is going on. We also then focus on a three top / two bottom configuration.
In high elo this is not uncommon, but I do question the initial bot zerg strategy considering you could have stood a chance at taking top. I believe holding their bot point is actually pretty easy, but it doesnt mean their team cant come down, take it back, and go back to top in time to help the 2 defenders up there.

Going 4 top 1 bot INITIALLY is the meta because top is, and will always be, the most important point to both teams. However, making it 2v2 bot is a recurring theme in many of my games and it certainly makes sense after the initial battle.

Eljer

11-28-2011

Yeah... that was unfortunate... Was pretty fun to have them try and counter with 3 bottom to start!

Eljer

11-28-2011

I agree that two bottom isn't some kind of new l33t strat, but it isn't the typical meta either.

Zerging bottom does three things I like...

1. It almost guarantees you'll be up a point at the start of the game.
2. They are required to send extra support bottom to retake the point. This typically allows you to retake top.
3. Your opponent is forced out of their comfort zone. Some people might dismiss this, but I think it is valuable.

caseyjones

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-28-2011

Ghost/Exhaust Blitz. You're guys are really changing the game.

Nekrogen

11-28-2011

The one important detail you forgot about the double zerg bottom strategy is that the 2 champions have to have a certain synergy in order to function effectively against competent players. Other than that it was nice to see something that wasn't necessarily expected, and interesting to react to (I'd like to thank my top laners for their support).

I'm not streaming (queue times are horrendous), but I plan on trying out several different and relatively unexpected bottom laners in the near future. Maybe I'll see you when I do :P

Eljer

11-28-2011

Yeah, we've been working on the best comps. The one major restriction of the strategy is that you need one of the champions that can make it to the point in time.

Champions we've tried so far are...

Ezreal, Teemo, Kennen, Blitz, and Udyr

Blitz is one of the best because he is so powerful in the early fight. Udyr is good, but he is the slowest to get to the point.

Eljer

11-28-2011

Also... Good game Nekrogen!

FDru

11-28-2011

The reason I don't like 2 bot is because you spread your team too thin across the rest of the map when it's not really needed. Against a competent team you are going to just end up 2v2 bot, which leaves only 1 1/2 champs per node in the upper half of the map (assuming you control at least two, which is the goal). Even though that's technically "fair" it's more ground to cover for your top laners and they have less options for defense (such as 2 top, 2 roamers).

What's the point of a 2v2 bot stalemate when you can have a 1v1 (with one player getting super farmed so they can theoretically defend easily), when having 2 bot doesn't provide any significant benefits? Catching players off guard by trying something different may work a few times, but it's only a short term strategy, since others will quickly catch onto it.

RayAllen

11-28-2011

i was watching your stream.

your blitz is so bad

Hugs From Momma

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
The reason I don't like 2 bot is because you spread your team too thin across the rest of the map when it's not really needed. Against a competent team you are going to just end up 2v2 bot, which leaves only 1 1/2 champs per node in the upper half of the map (assuming you control at least two, which is the goal). Even though that's technically "fair" it's more ground to cover for your top laners and they have less options for defense (such as 2 top, 2 roamers).

What's the point of a 2v2 bot stalemate when you can have a 1v1 (with one player getting super farmed so they can theoretically defend easily), when having 2 bot doesn't provide any significant benefits? Catching players off guard by trying something different may work a few times, but it's only a short term strategy, since others will quickly catch onto it.
2 bot is better if you're ahead, hold the top point and you're tanky. The tower becomes more powerful for defense in a 3v3 situation than a 4v4 situation, which puts it in your advantage. If you have enough meat and DPS up top, they can hold out even against a 4v3, which means you should take their bot 2v1, 4 cap and begin to camp the exits.