Volibear Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bangbáng

11-30-2011

so thats why half the time my force pluse didnt work right -_-

Melepathy

11-30-2011

Oh by the way this new patch, has caused major problems to my gaming. I can no longer play 5v5 with other players or A.I's. All i can do is customs Please fix this problem.

lmpakt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathsan View Post

But since the patch I have gotten 7 leaves in the last 24 hours and its all due to the new patch causing MAJOR issues with champions

1. I cant use my keyboard to activate skills or even ping my team.

2. client crashes sometimes during game then it doesnt want to let me log back in for 10 - 15 mins and I end up with a pissed off team and another leave.

3. the lag issue with ping spamming is getting worse.

4. my computer loads every other game in 3 - 10 seconds. but takes 4 - 15 mins to load LOL

and FYI for all those people that think i need to buy a new computer mine is 2 months old its asua top of the line for gaming.

wow 2 month old computer taking 4-15mins to load.... which flee market did you buy it at? seroiusly you shouldnt be able to play this game if you make 9 other people waste 15 mins

TheShadowGankX

11-30-2011

Quite Glad to see a patch to help implement jungleing in the game. Too few players are using that advantage to the fullest this patch will assist them in fulfilling that duty.

Onevia

11-30-2011

Quote:
Posted by Morello @ Riot, Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hey folks,

After letting the jungle settle for a day and not only reading the feedback on the forums, but watching streamers, discussing with high-level players, and running some additional internal testing and mathcraft, we will be making changes to the jungle, likely tomorrow.

What will be the scope of these changes, and what are we trying to fix?

* XP Rate: This isn't as smoothed out as we'd liked (or was intended) and has been the most noticeable problem in the new jungle. While we do think this is not as drastically far off as some believe, it is lower than intended. We'll likely make updates here, especially relating to small camps.

* Penalty of missed ganks: While we do like this tradeoff, we don't like the tradeoff ratio here, something you guys have also felt pretty substantially. Changes made will effect this for the better, whether in increased reward or reduced resource loss.

* Gold Rate: Jungler gold is slightly lower than needed, and this is also related to small camp gold. We will be more careful here as to not make counter-jungling worse (since it revolves largely on stealing the big monsters out of camps), but will be evaluating this.

Classick, Guinsoo and I will be doing some final proposals and mathcraft in the morning, in hopes to release it in a hotfix. I'll try to provide status updates as we get more information. Details to come.
fyi

Eziodjinn

11-30-2011

gg Riot ruined the jungle. These are not jungle buffs, these are changing the entire meta of the game. Pointless to have a jungle at all now if you're going to be 2-3-4 levels under a solo lane and under farmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenotos View Post
fyi

Who are they consulting to come to these conclusions? First they said they had worked with high level teams to work out the new jungle, now they are saying high level teams dont like it and so they are changing it again. What the ****? Just change it back to the way it was and ****ing leave it alone. It's not rocket science.

Onevia

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eziodjinn View Post
gg Riot ruined the jungle. These are not jungle buffs, these are changing the entire meta of the game. Pointless to have a jungle at all now if you're going to be 2-3-4 levels under a solo lane and under farmed.

Who are they consulting to come to these conclusions? First they said they had worked with high level teams to work out the new jungle, now they are saying high level teams dont like it and so they are changing it again. What the ****? Just change it back to the way it was and ****ing leave it alone. It's not rocket science.
good question lol

ThrobbinWood

12-01-2011

As if sivir wasnt bad enough... Now you have to go and remove her ability to mass farm.. That was the only thing that made her a competitive champ!! I played sivir almost every game for the past 2 years... Now you all take that from me. She gets owned now!! There is no excuse.. You all are bound and determined to make her the worst champ in the game.

Sistra

12-01-2011

Why the Katarina changes??? I thought the new use of killer instincts and shunpo was fantastic, and now she's been reverted back to her same boring self.

dezzznutzz

12-01-2011

Seems like the jungle has suffered for people that are use to the old jungle where they received more EXP and were able to lvl up and gank often. Now after this last patch it makes where you can basically use any champion to jungle. Just not seeing that this patch was helpful for people that jungle.