Nasus vs Gangplank solo top?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurningToad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-28-2011

Hello,

I just played a game as Nasus, and was facing a Gangplank solo top. I started with Cloth + 5 HP and he started with Brawler's gloves (8% crit) + pots.

I got owned pretty bad. I was focusing on trying to farm Q as much as possible of course, and I actually get decent farm for the most part, but over time GP wore me down and I had to either go back, or I died (I died a couple times.)

I kept buying more armor items such as Ninja Tabi (bad idea, can't dodge parrrley). GP kept buying crit items. His parrley crits just kept taking me down, and I couldn't trade back much because of his slow, plus he would just orange away my withers. My lifesteal and armor just wasn't enough to keep me in lane against the constant crits.

Despite my decent farm numbers, he eventually out leveled me by 2-3 levels. What could I do better here? Is it just a bad matchup, or should I have been able to do ok?

BOOTYWARRIOR

11-28-2011

he did what he was supposed too.. not let you farm your q... his q he can just spam on you, but you to be viable late game, need to farm up your q... before i say anymore.. what runes were u running.

Ylahoto Gafo

11-28-2011

With Nasus, I'd strongly advise leveling your E over your Q if you aren't already, especially in a situation like that. I prefer to start with a Meki Pendant and 2 HP pots, and going back and getting chalice when you get a chance, this should have you pretty set on Mana for the rest of the game, letting you farm with E.

As for the boots, Id strongly advise getting merc treads (unless you choose to get Eleisa's instead of Chalice) for the tenacity. In a situation like that just sit back and try to get in Q's when you can, but use your E to clear the creep waves and keep your farm up. If you're facing an AD thats harassing you a lot, I'd get Thornmail next, or if you're having problems with Mana go for Frozen Heart.

Cenerae

11-28-2011

Gangplank vs Nasus is awkward for the Nasus, because he has spammable ranged harrass. There's not much you can do except do your best to farm up that Q. Buying armor will improve your ability to keep in the lane so do keep doing that. Ask your jungler for help early on if you think you'll need it - a good gank or two early game will drastically weaken his midgame, making it easier to farm.

RawrCrono

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

You started off with cloth+5 pots which is good. I'm guessing based on your match history that the Nasus game you are referring too the game where you build Aegis, Chalice, Sheen, Phage, Tabi. You might want to consider an alternative way to build Nasus.

What would have been better to do is get the Tabi, then build Philo/Glacial Shroud. Then turn those into Shurelyas/Frozen Heart. They would have given you enough armor/regen to stay in control of your lane and more importantly giving you much needed CDR. Together they would give you 35% and if you spec'd into the defense tree and got the CDR you would be maxed. It would greatly increase your Q farm rate. After that I would recommend Sheen followed with Triforce/or whatever else you might need right away. Rushing Trifroce does increase your DPS considerably, but you shouldn't be worrying about that in the beginning, you should be farming your Q non-stop.

MrNoahChase

10-27-2013

I just played a game as Nasus and I was facing a gangplank. I had straight ad runes and all I had to do was use my E to poke him when he tried to poke me. If you have enough mana (I rushed frozen heart for armor and mana) you can use your W and run up and Q him for more damage. It can be a bit hard but you just need to predict when he is coming p to farm and when he is going to pop a cap in yo ass.

BallSagett

10-27-2013

Holy necromancer batman!

Ayman9047

07-29-2014

This matchup favors Gangplank, just try and sustain as much as you can, and farm your Q up.

redniwediS

08-01-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallSagett View Post
Holy necromancer batman!
Why can't people read the date these things are posted?