Renekton still viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fawkes

11-28-2011

IMO Renekton could use a buff but I can see how it would be hard to buff him without OPing him. Regardless Renekton's a fairly decent champ, wrecks teams when played correctly, blahblahblah, the reason he is hardly played is simply because other, more appealing melee ads exist (i.e. yi, xin, tryhardamere).

Nefarious Intent

11-28-2011

renek could use a good buff, i was playing him his free week and i did decent. but i had to build very tank dps to survive.. i did get a 1v4 quad tho.. almost got a penta but our sona jacked the one that i stunned at the end, either way yeah he has to be super fed early game to have much of a power late game, he is really fun to play even if he is underpowered tho. i seen some people talking about tryn killing him. well i was 1v1'ing a fed tryn in there jungle and i managed to kill him in about 3 seconds.

besides all that renek could use a big buff so he would be viable without being super fed. it would be nice i would deff buy him if he was viable

Burbinator

11-29-2011

Renekton is fine, if he gets buffed he will be OP and then overnerfed. dunno wtf Krshna is saying, almost no one beats renekton top and certainly not any of the newer champions. Skarner, perhaps.

Go boots 3x start, stack doran blades if having trouble else get bruta, then go atmogs. I tend not to finish ghostblade, but that is up to you.

Cleaver, thirster, last whisper all situationally good damage items

hexdrinker or wits end very useful MR/offensive items (tho renek scales off AD, i think wits end works out better for him)

otherwise build tanky and just dive on their carries faces all day.

Okami Kageteiru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

He falls off really hard late game, but I play him often and feel that is is very viable.

Fòx

11-29-2011

Renekton has an amazing early game and can play a late game bruiser pretty well I think.

He can get around in a fight, he can be really hard to kill, and he can burst down squishies.
Sure he doesn't have amazing damage, but with a kit like his it would be too OP.

BigDracha

11-29-2011

Renekton was the first champion I played when I joined LoL this year. I never understood the potential and I played him post nerf. Renekton is tanky dps, and an amazing one at that. Being one who mains renekton when I decide to AD in pvp, I'm not going to spoil my item build :P. (Yes, I know you can just look at my match history but if memory serves me correct, it only shows a couple of my core items.)

Renekton is by far one of the best top laners, and the way I play him, early, mid, late games, laning phase, ganking, teamfights. I have yet to see him drop off the map but alas, there are those 'ifs'. If I made mistakes, unintentionally gave kills away, my team can't get their act together. I will say this though, teammates withstanding, when I play renekton, unless the entire team comes to my lane, I do not lose my lane.

Why, just tonight before the servers went down I soloed a rammus, orianna and GP. Tooting my own horn, the team surrendered shortly after that.

Get renekton, learn how to play him and it will be greatly rewarding and satisfying especially because this champion gets neglected incredibly hard.

Mindcraze

11-29-2011

I love Renekton. He is one of the most fun champs in the league. I've played him ever since he was release and I love Playing him. He is this monster truck out in the field of justice. Even if you have a bad early game you can farm hard right till the hand ends. I believe that he does very well at end game. There been times when my team would be running from a team fight yelling at me "why are you charging in on them?" I ult and do something amazing. he can turn a team fight he can dominate a lane. Solo or not he can make sure your lane never drops. Of course the right build helps. I think he is one of those champs where high HP are not a must and that using more armor and Mr would benefit better. your ult.gives you what you need in the.hp. Amazing in all ways. also his song makes him op when you play it on loop.

Bendial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Great thanks guys I'm enjoying him a lot, I find hes pretty good in all lanes.

MoneyJr

12-01-2011

I haven't played Renekton since the new materies but I've always liked him and think that the new tree helps him. He is tanky and if played right can do pretty good damage - the trick with him is learning how to generate/control your fury. I also think he could use a few small buffs, mainly an actual passive ability but as is he is a solid pick. He actually counters a lot of solo top champs.

Bendial

12-01-2011

I totally dig his playstyle but what other characters are "similar", yet "stronger" than Renekton?