Renekton still viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bendial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

Is renekton still a good champion? I don't really see that many people playing him.

Bendial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

Seems like everything I'm reading says his damage doesn't scale well...he's reasonably strong early game and is used to shut down weak champions early game. Is this true? Or is he a little more versatile than that.

Brakkius

11-28-2011

I say if you play Renekton right you will rock with him, but others don't know how to play him right (most people) but i can play him nice. great at laning! (please reply)

ChiefBvrcleaver

11-28-2011

I've been jungling renekton in this free week it works pretty decently I guess but I dont play many junglers.

LeGrem

11-28-2011

everyone ive played with over the cousrse of the past week with him being free has been terrible... ive had one good game with him going 32-11-18 but we still lost...

Emotes

11-28-2011

He counters Riven so hard so if you are good renect and you see a riven on the enemy team counter her.

Bendial

11-28-2011

Yeah him being free is what made me interested in playing him, I really like his abilities.

bounty Claws

11-28-2011

What a lot of other people said. If you know how to play him(ie: you use stun when 50 rage ect...) then your pro. Also hes a good ganker(stun and he can catch up really well to a champ using slice and dice), and has a really good early game(slice and dice again plus is q recks and heals him).

So all in all he is still a good champ if you know how to play him(like all champs when you get to summoners level 20+). Try him out hes free this week(i think...)

BountyClaws

7thcloud

11-28-2011

one of the strongest laners but falls off tremendously afterwards. he requires kills, levels, gold to stay ahead to do anything worthwhile in a teamfight besides stunning a single target via melee range

Krshna

11-28-2011

He hasn't been that strong lately since champs were released that just beat him Top. Also the big nerf that took away his base damages in return for scaling didn't help either.

Problem being that he needs to build Tanky to survive. But he also needs to build Damage to be any kind of a threat. He used to be able to build Tanky early, like Sunfire/Spirit Visage, and then start building damage. He also had enough base damage to build Merc Treads. But if you do that now you do nothing and just get beat. Now you have to open Brutalizer/CDR Boots to do anything. But if you do you get wrecked if you get focused.

He's in a similar position to Xin Zhao.

BUT. And there is a but. The new Masteries are good for him. They let him be a little tankier or a little scarier early which really helps. And secondly, if he can properly Jungle after the Jungle remake, that will open up a new whole avenue for him. With his double dash and stun he might be an OK Ganker. Yet to be seen.