runes for shaco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

P2KWARRIOR

07-02-2010

what runes should i get for shaco?

Yurixy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

armor penetration

cmdrdeadman

07-02-2010

I am currently using Armor Pen marks, flat HP quints, dodge seals, and magic resist/lvl glyphs. For glyphs, you may also consider CD reduction or CD reduction per lvl.

I am a monster Shaco, you can check my profile (I'm on a 12 game winning streak, so its all wins :P. And all 10 games played today, so no complaining that only 7 of them were with Shaco).

Kymera3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

It really depend on how you play him.
If you play AP you might whant a caster page:
magic pen or flat HP - quints
magic pen - marks
mana regen per level - seals
CD - glyphs

If you play him more of an DPS like cmdrdeadman does, his runes are perfect. Thing is since the nerf with shaco on his clone, is it really worth it going for madreds and starks?

Now what I do is, a lot of people disagree but I don't care. A full crit DMG, not chance but dmg page. This used to be OP at the time where shaco could take out 3/4 of any1's HP at lvl 1 with deceive. He's been nerfed for that so a lot of people go for a DPS page but I tried it few days ago and I can still do a lot of dmg. But doing this you will have to build him nuke, witch means squishy as hell. I've crit 2.5k with almost my full build in late game.

Thats the fun in shaco, he can be built in so many ways

Lawful

07-02-2010

Marks - ArPen
Seals - Mana Regen
Glyps - Mana regen or flat CD reduction (your build should be support tree so that gives a edge on CD)
Quints - Flat HP

Thats pretty much the best rune builds on shaco, dodge is meaningless, those 6% dodge won't save you as much as being able to spam abilities almost twice as much, since shaco is very mana hungered at start you will benefit alot from them and you can skip golem and get lizard and gank at level one without much to worry about your mana supply.

Carados

07-02-2010

Magic Penetration is also a fairly decent choice, depending on your build. DFG/Cutlass Nuke Shaco and Attack Speed Razors Shaco both do an impressive amount of magic damage.

cmdrdeadman

07-03-2010

Bloodrazer and Stark's have been nerfed, but I was only ever aware of the double aura stacking, which was a great way to heal up in a jiffy. But to be honest, I always found the life steal from 1 Stark's to be generally sufficient to heal up while not fighting either champions or Baron. I keep the same build as before because I solo queue, and this build still lets me solo Baron.

Of course you can play as AP Shaco, but I have tried this before and I don't consider it to be the best way to play Shaco. Perhaps in some games, a more nuke oriented build is smart, but draft pick should diminish those opportunities, since I would rather be playing a different champion in those games.