Riven vs. Nasus on solo top - who will win if YOU played that?

Riven 876 66.06%
Nasus 450 33.94%
Voters: 1326. You may not vote on this poll

Solo top - Riven vs. Nasus

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prugar

11-27-2011

OK, so another day i went solo top as Riven and again -surprisingly- there was Nasus who wanted to farm his Q. He claimed that he was never beat up by a Riven on solo top, i claimed i was never beat up by a Nasus on solo top.

Purely 1v1, who do you think has better odds from the beginning.
With jungler ganks on both sides, who has the better chance to survive/ensure a kill?

Who is YOUR favourite? I honestly don't know what is this solo Nasus thingy all the time, Riven is much better :P

Marius Caesar

11-27-2011

Solo top i think it's a dead heat-- Unless that Riv is stacking AD runes i think Nasus can face tank her damage every time he goes in for Q, especially under tower.

In gank situations i think Riven's 4 mini dashes can help a lot against Nasus' Wither in an escape attempt.
Wheras in a gank against Nasus, Riven has a knockup and stun, and again the mini dashes help close despite getting Wither cast on you. Plus a long range execute gives an edge on chasing compared to Nasus' ulti that is maximized in stand-and-fight situations and not on the retreat

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2011

Depends on builds on build and play style.

Astral Owl

11-27-2011

Riven should be in jungle, but she'd win top too.

Pantsukun

11-27-2011

Anyone should beat Nasus at top lane. If he uses his Q on you or spends mana withering/using his E you're already winning.

Prugar

11-27-2011

actually, who wouldn't stack AD runes on Riven when every single ability, including the shield benefits a LOT from AD?
It just happens every single time, on level one, nasus comes to give me his Q. I give him my Q three times, with three autoattacks while he is running -> riven barely hurt, nasus half hp gone

Butters stoch

11-27-2011

Although riven will be able to out dmg nasus early, nasus will simply rush philo stone and glacial shroud and ignore riven and farm. I think a well played nasus will be able to win.
I do play both champs and that's just my personal view.
Edit: i dont think you people understand how nasus wins his lane, not by dominating the enemy champ, he can be pushed to his tower the whole time, it doesnt matter, he just has to last hit his q and not die and he has won.

Azuredragon653

11-27-2011

All Nasus has to do to win is start with Cloth + 5.

Malifice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2011

Riven have more chance of winning top, altho if nasus can just farm as much as Riven and just be safe, passive mode, then get frozen heart, end game hes gonna be much more usefull and stronger than Riven.

NovaAsterix

11-27-2011

Riven should crush Nasus early. She can't really stop him from farming too much since you lose sustain but you should be able to do massive damage to him from level 1-8. I usually try to force Nasus to his tower to lose farm while warding liberally. You can escape his wither easily too. All that being said, you can't really stop Nasus outright so a good Nasus player will still farm his Q a lot.

I say Riven beats Nasus 1 on 1 early and should exploit that to keep him down most of the game. Just remember not to leave your lane if you push down his first tower :P

1234511 ... 13