[Guide] Teemo in Twisted Treeline.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lHeavyArms

07-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
This coming from a level 25 with wins closer to 100 then 200. Yep. Well, I added you. If you want, we can play a round of TT and I can show you how it works.
I would enjoy this.

lHeavyArms

07-04-2010

Why is it do you think Teemo is so looked down upon? I'm being genuine when I ask this. I didn't decide to bash Teemo players for no reason. It just seems that in 3v3 environment there are better options, and from games I've played, teams with Teemo are at a disadvantage. Is there a lack of skill on the player's part?

lHeavyArms

07-05-2010

I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. I played with a pro Teemo last night. Ended up friending him and playing two more games immediately after. He lead the team each time and saved my ass from dying more than once.

Sharkpower

07-05-2010

Just played a sort of variant on this guide in a game, to decent success, 6/8/16. Started with red pot for level 1 fight, then went level 1 boots, phage, sorc boots for MPen on shroom, guinsoo's, finish mallet, then started building a Nashor's. Found that my blind was incredibly useful as we faced a Trynd that would've blown me up (even faster) without it.

Alyzar

07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkpower View Post
Just played a sort of variant on this guide in a game, to decent success, 6/8/16. Started with red pot for level 1 fight, then went level 1 boots, phage, sorc boots for MPen on shroom, guinsoo's, finish mallet, then started building a Nashor's. Found that my blind was incredibly useful as we faced a Trynd that would've blown me up (even faster) without it.
Not a fan of the red pot. If you die, you're stuck with nothing.

Glad you had decent success, though. Thanks for the bump.

billfred

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

teemo is a monster on TT... played a game with one the other night with a very similar build to this and we destroyed...

(i was playing yi and had most of the team kills but the other team put the win down to teemo...)

Viro Melchior

08-19-2010

Personally I've found that Doran's Shield is near-unbeatable as a starting item on TT. Teemo obviously has health issues in general (low hp and needing some way to heal). This item helps both aspects, and adds armor in a map where dps characters are more common than magic damage.
Of course, if 2 of their players are casters, I'll usually skip the shield in lieu of an item I'll be building off of (boots, longsword, or tome).

I always run 9/0/21 masteries and 6% cd reduction in my runes (I use 8 glyphs, but you can do it in 7 with more scaling runes). The last glyph and all 8 seals are mana regen. Between those runes and the Nashor's Tooth that I rush, I hit a 12-13 second cooldown on my shrooms and enough mana regen to spam them endlessly (you still run out of mana spamming blinding dart AND mushrooms, but that's not a big deal).

I use +flat hp in my quints (105 hp), which combined with the typical Doran's Shield nets Teemo a LOT of early game survivability, especially if there is a level 1 fight where regen/lifesteal doesn't mean ****. Finally, I run 6 armor pen marks (12 penetration gets rid of "most" of your targets armor early game) and 3 attack speed. 9 armor pen is technically superior, except that I often wind up getting a Last Whisper if the enemies build armor up, and the flat-before-percent order of penetration then winds up meaning you get *less* out of those runes, so I build for level 1 penetration, and then focus on what helps later.

As for items, as I said, I'm a Nashor's Tooth believer. It gives you everything a good little mushroom farmer could use. Obviously you'll want boots (just don't get berserker's. mercury, tabi, or swiftness *always*). Phage is a stellar item, though I usually delay it until after I build a BF sword. This means quite a lot of gold, but when you finish Phage, you are looking at the endgame scenario for TT. Any additional gold should either go towards the Frozen Mallet, a Trinity Force, or Bloodthirster. Or a defense item if applicable (Thornmail/Guardian Angel against 3 physical dps dealers, Abyssal Rod/Banshee's Veil against 3 casters, or just a Giant's Belt or 2 if they are well mixed).

Speaking on the comparison of the Rageblade being a "damage oriented Nashor's", I'd like to remind everyone what Nashor's has that the Rageblade doesn't: Mana regen and cooldown reduction. If you skip Nashor's, you WILL need a mana regen item (or Clarity), and you are placing 70% as many shrooms (25% cd reduction of a 20s ability is 5 seconds. Going from 17 seconds down to 12 is a 40% increase in the number of times you can place shrooms in a given time period.)
*and yes, 70% * 1.4 = 100%, so 70/40 is correct*

That all said, I do like the speed build presented here. Generally though there are enough enemy stuns, exhausts, and other CC that Mercury treads beat out Swiftness though. I'd rely heavily on Phantom Dancer as a core item of the build instead to pump your speed up that extra bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfred View Post
teemo is a monster on TT... played a game with one the other night with a very similar build to this and we destroyed...

(i was playing yi and had most of the team kills but the other team put the win down to teemo...)
A good teemo isn't the carry. A good teemo is making the carry win. And the enemy team will notice that. I can't count the number of times I've watched my teammate flee a losing fight through a shroom, have the enemy chase him through it (yay), and then the slow allows him to dart into another nearby brush, which is enough to convince them not to keep chasing him through (real or imaginary) shrooms.

Krackor

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyzar View Post
Not a fan of the red pot. If you die, you're stuck with nothing.

Glad you had decent success, though. Thanks for the bump.
Elixirs, with the exception of Oracle's Elixir, persist through death.

Mike1234545

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

I build boots first for the last hit/runnin from chars who dont have.
I usualy get zerkers for 25% Att speed, but I'll try Swiftness ones...

Usualy I get Att Speed items and then damage, for pushin top with a melee you can get an extra few hits, they need to go home, ending in top push. For ranged chars, just take a hit for hit. Your poison will end up doing more damage,

I did a teemo vs teemo before, only reason it took an extra 10-15 minutes is because there teemo pushed my 2 guys and they needed me to help... 2v1 teemo isn't so hard... I get away from ganks with flashing on quick move, laying a shoom, and be surviving with a hundred hp or so... It's VERY hard to lose with an experienced Teemo on your team.

I would advise using shooms in lanes to kill minons so you can push towers too =]

I love getting kills, saying "WTF? I am at the shop, I'm not even in the same la.... OHHHHH.... SHROOMZZZ STRIKE AGAIN!!!

Lol an I spam chat if a shroom kills, sayin, UMADBRO?

Teemo < Twitch > Yi > All other chars

jallek

11-25-2010

Have you ever considered using a malady with the recent buffs it got? The decrease in MR + Atk Sp and the added magic damage per hit, allows you to lower their resist to very near 0 and with some magic pen runes and the mastery, you can usually get it into the negatives easily and causes your poison and all other atks to deal more dmg. I just thought I would get your opinion, as I have been running malady, swiftness, and then frozen mallet as my first 3 items. Just thought malady helps quite a bit especially if you have other casters on your team.