Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Living Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

11-29-2011

Quote:
Sacred Power:
Move brand up.
Brand is a great defender with his bounce ultimate, AoE W, Multi-Target E, and Stun Q.
He can also gank a 2-man defense well with his crazy burst.
He can assault a lane with teammates and easily take down foes.
Why is he this low?

You, like the LeBlanc player before you, misunderstand that I understand the power of a well played brand.

Remember, Akali (Once thought to be #1 OP in Dominion) is in the same tier. The nerf and Gunblade nerf hurt her a lot. However, she is skill devastating, scales amazingly, and is a grade A defender due to shroud (which I don't see many taking advantage of).

Brand is a very powerful champion. As are all if played well in that tier.

I think people are seeing some champions in that tier and thinking lesser of thier favorite champion that they perform well with.

Think of it the other way around. Many champions are very viable and STRONG picks (taken from tier description).

Madra

11-30-2011

I kind of thought Olaf would be higher. I thought the consensus was that he was one of the uber picks.

Madra

11-30-2011

Talon, Pantheon and Wukong are the characters that I see that always seem to do really well. The crystal scar aura, the ability to start with a brutalizer, and the new masteries all seem to combine for some ridiculously high, hard to counter damage output.

GrignardTS

11-30-2011

Quote:
Madra:
I kind of thought Olaf would be higher. I thought the consensus was that he was one of the uber picks.

Olaf is a strong tier 2 pick.

His ultimate makes him very elusive and a good defender.

Pantheon and Wukong, who fill similar roles, have several advantages that make them stronger picks.

That being said, I've seen some Olaf's dominate.

Made some changes to the list:

Sivir moves to tier 2.
I feel she is strong enough with her buffs to be moved up a tier.

Volibear introduced at tier 1
Is he too strong? Maybe. This Udyr reskin is very powerful with his combination of survivability, sustained damage, and CC. That singed like fling is very, very game changing.

Psi21

11-30-2011

Original Poster is fail because he finds the need to brake up types of Shacos but it is clearly seen that he has racked too many in Tier 1 and 2 without proper distribution.

Use your Tier 4 and move some down.

Additionally, I feel it hilarious that you need to make such a point with your Post that you think that AD Shaco is better than AP Shaco. When it just isn't the case.

And on the Draft game you can ask if Shaco is AP or not but if your going to ban him it is PRETTY MOOT.

TLDR: Original Poster's Posts bad information and screams lack of experience in Dominion.

GrignardTS

11-30-2011

Quote:
Psi21:
Original Poster is fail because he finds the need to brake up types of Shacos but it is clearly seen that he has racked too many in Tier 1 and 2 without proper distribution.

TLDR: Original Poster's Posts bad information and screams lack of experience in Dominion.

Your post lacks experience as you think many champions are not viable. The tiers are filled because this mode is decently balanced.

And I split up Shaco because AP is a low ELO pub stomper, not a tier one carry.

What experience do you have?

I have over 400 draft games.

200 normal games.

My normal ELO is decently high.

Psi21

11-30-2011

Quote:
Noitcurtsed:
Your post lacks experience as you think many champions are not viable. The tiers are filled because this mode is decently balanced.

And I split up Shaco because AP is a low ELO pub stomper, not a tier one carry.

What experience do you have?

I have over 400 draft games.

200 normal games.

My normal ELO is decently high.

You need to spread more champs between more Tiers and you just clumping them.

LOL

AP Shaco is not Low ELO in Dominion.

If you want to pull out total amount makes you know more....

This is your profile:
http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/23044081

Here is mine:
http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/57791

If you tab to the game tab you can see some of your past games.
Go to More Details and you can see the builds.

Oh and by the way I have proven that AP Shaco can get just as high or higher crits than AD Shaco

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1443904

Auroken

11-30-2011

Not sure I agree with Warwick, Urgot, Udyr, and AP Shaco being tier 2. They are tier 1 in my mind. The first three become extremely durable and are able to hold a point from 2-3 people if built right. Urgot is nearly unbeatable bottom and its amazing at prevent caps from mill. Warwick becomes nearly unkillable later on with tank items and just one life steal item. Udyr is somewhat the same just with more mobility. AP Shaco gives small wards around the map increasing awareness, cutting off escapes, allows for great defense, and can nuke down squishy casters easily. He is also great at backdooring (as is Udyr)

GrignardTS

11-30-2011

Quote:
Psi21:
You need to spread more champs between more Tiers and you just clumping them.

No. I don't need to do anytihng.

My tier breakings represent my approach to the balance of Dominion. Which apparently, you feel many champions exceed others. I do not. Most are situational as Dominion, like SR, is a team comp based game. People just cannot see it yet.

Quote:
Psi21:

LOL

AP Shaco is not Low ELO in Dominion.

Oh and by the way I have proven that AP Shaco can get just as high or higher crits than AD Shaco

AD and AP are equal in most of the hybrid characters of dominion. This way no exception for Shaco, until the recent JitB nerfs.

The activate range nerf was too much. It makes AP Shaco's team fighting much worse. And since in dominion, you never NEED to enter the jungle, you can push minion waves easily to trigger them on points, and oracles are nice and cheep (with Dominion's gp10 I might add), AP Shaco's JitBs use are very limited.

This leaves him with Shiv. Which is amazing late game and with a lot of AP. About the 12-15 minute mark.

And your burst that you speak of.....is after you level Deceive.....when you're 18 and have lichbane and deathcap, sure your burst is very, very similar to a mid game AD Shaco.

Quote:
Psi21:

If you want to pull out total amount makes you know more....

This is your profile:
http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/23044081

Here is mine:
http://www.lolstatistics.com/player/na/57791

If you tab to the game tab you can see some of your past games.
Go to More Details and you can see the builds.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1443904

I am not one to make this thread and EPeen contest, but do not discredit my posts with your ignorant comments about my experience.

BTW, your links are hardly relevant. They only list SR data.

You only have 150 Dominion wins.

If you're going to call me out on something like experience, you should at least make sure your's trumps mine first.

Redeemed In Fire

11-30-2011

Quote:
Noitcurtsed:
Since you asked so nicely

Rammus is god tier because of his ability to be any where on the map at any time. His extreme mobility (which I never said that it wasn't a reason) allows him to be a part of any fight at any time.

Meaning, he can simultaneously attack and defend points, engage in jungle fights, gank, you name it.

Its not quite just that; if you're vsing a team with a decent rammus and you don't have one, you've de-facto given up windmill at least for a little while. Powerball + ghost + wind pad = >1k speed rammus for several seconds, enough to get him up to Windmill in time to cap it without contest.