Sion = OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radagash

07-02-2010

I was playing a DPS sion in a 5v5 match, I was pretty much destroying the karthus I was laning across from, with my 2 second stun and exhaust + Mercury Treads. He then said that Sion was OP and a noobs character, I personally disagree with this statement, it takes a lot of feeding to get the gear to be dominant in the game.

Is Sion OP? I disagree, what are your thoughts?

Garamor

07-02-2010

the karthus was bad... last time I checked lay waste outranged a melee champion + his stun by a long shot... he probably doesnt know the wonders of lay wasting while running away... which most karthus' i see don't

Floydian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Sion is pretty bad on SR. Particularly DPS Sion.

JapaneseBearDad

07-02-2010

Definitely not OP. He's easily shut down in early game due to high mana cost and low mana pool. Enrage takes tons of hp early game, so its easy to push him off the lane with little harassment. Even with a starks, his attack speed is piss poor, only usable with his ult which you should save for team battles for the full effect.

Techno Stud

07-02-2010

Lol @ a Karthas who gets killed by Sion. Last time I checked Karthas had a slow wall and nuke with a crazy long range.

Mowarth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2010

Sion is strong on TT, quite average on SR.

SunOfABeach

07-02-2010

hes not op

Worstcase

07-02-2010

Sion is a pretty solid champion. Many people think he has to big of mana problems but in truth, getting something like mana per 5 per level runes will quickly solve this problem unless you're getting trigger happy. In any case, Sion may not be overpowered, but a well played Sion can definitely be scary.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowarth View Post
Sion is strong on TT, quite average on SR.
Pretty much this. Sion is weird because he can be built in ~3 different ways, all of which are perfectly acceptable, but nothing extraordinary. But yes, a well played Sion, or even a decent played Sion, will certainly do well against a Karthus. In fact, a poorly played Karthus could easily get into a ton of trouble against Sion (and against champions like Mundo, for that matter) due to his quite high early game damage and hard CC, which is quite nice against such a fragile opponent. With that said, a well played karthus should be quite successful in that lane, or at least force the Sion to play VERY defensively.

Inebriate

07-02-2010

Sion is DEFINITELY not OP, but he is ANNOYING if he has a Taric with clarity in his lane.