Most effective Udyr ganking/dueling Combo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

01-23-2012

I have been playing Udyr a bit recently and I am trying to come to a conclusion about what is his best combo.

Although it is always best to change stances for the situation, in a perfect world, would this be the ideal combo/rotation?

1. Pre W to Soak
  2. E when in range that you'll refresh passive on next spell.
  3. Stun
  4. Q hit once to proc the DoT
  5. R and hit 3 times for flame. You'll get there fast because you'll have 30% AS from Passive and 35% from the Q activation.
  6. Whichever stance you need next depending on what's happening.

Some people say R into Q, however I feel you're much better off by going in the order of Q-R. Because the AD buff is quite small and you'll miss your Phoenix Proc.

Also, because Tiger activation into Phoenix looks to be a great DPS tool and 99% of the time I get a Zeal->TriForce or a FoN, I have been putting 3 in bear while maxing the other 3. Is this a good idea?

TaoOfJeetKuneDo

02-22-2013

I prefer Q, which primes your next attack for the tiger buff even if you change, then E, so your first hit stuns AND tiger procs, then from there R to W or another Q depending on your set up. In this manner you can get 2 Q procs off by the time they're unstunned and that will do a lot more damage to a single target than phoenix ever will. You're talking 500 damage on the first hit as opposed to 150-200 over several seconds.

Hawko0313

02-23-2013

i think you've got it basically i usually switch between bear and turtle when waiting to go in, then going Q before R is always strong (attack speed increase gets pheonix out faster)

when ganking i would activate tiger for the proc then switch to bear and you would be given both the stun and tiger proc for the next hit. However it may have been patched out. Anyway as pheonix is faster through the jungle it probably wont matter.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2013

I love kiting Udyr.

02-24-2013

Lol epic ressurection of a useless thread bumpppp