Ashe is not a good mid laner.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

7thcloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2011

try an all attack damage rune page, starting with a dorans blade and 21 in offensive masteries. level up volley. one auto-attack crit and volley automatically results in controlling lane. there are other metas outside what the pros do. theirs hinge upon the fact that it's a coordinated effort among 5 ppl talking to each other

xXxBloodLustxXx

11-28-2011

Get some magic resist glyphs, and learn to harass. Her range is big, and her sustain isn't bad with a doran blade+Lifesteal mastery+ armor pen marks and AD quince set up. You doing maximal damage to minions and low level squishys.All these little things combined make a big difference

Ashe is a fine mid against a AP carry, you just have to play your cards right. Familiarize yourself with attack patterns. A lot of AP carrys cant compete with your range, and sustained damage. You should be wrecking champions like Annie, every time she goes in to Q a minion auto attack/volley her. She cant even retaliate until her Q is back, and your harass range is way better. If you volley than auto-attack to poke it doesn't matter than your base stats are low. You will do boss damage.

Is AP mid better in high ELO? I don't know...

Is AD just as good if not better in mid to low? Hell yeah.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

The argument isn't about her auto attack range, its about her ability range. To hit your 600 auto attack range, you have to come into my 900 Brand pillar of flame range. And if you're auto attacking your lane to gain "sustain", my jungler has now just ganked you.

Cyndikate

11-28-2011

It's not that I as Ashe volunteer to go mid, everyone else demands me to go mid.

The only reason people do that is because of the fact that they generalize that all ranged characters must go mid.

HotpotGG

Senior Recruiter

11-28-2011

ashe's passive is annoying

EibbY

11-28-2011

I found this out yesterday when I had to go mid-lane against Kassadin...boy did I get stomped hard. There was no AP carry on our team so I didn't really have a choice. (or a chance )

Adumbro Deus

11-28-2011

This just in, rain is wet.

While we appreciate the effort, you're preaching to the choir, anyone who takes the time to look at this board probably already knows.

Fawkes

11-28-2011

I mean generally I feel ap outclasses ad in mid, but Ashe is just a weak mid, outclassed farming capability, volley either farms OR harasses [if no minions] (situationally can do both but honestly if someone doesn't have the sense to duck behind a minion after seeing volley, they deserve to get hit :/), ult is fairly easy to see coming unless at a point blank range but due to her terrible range, being point blank usually means the Ashe is about to be slain (assuming a jungler on Ashe's team is chillin with golems somewhere).

KealMist

11-29-2011

Nobody good plays mundo so...

bylobog44

11-29-2011

The reason for AP carry mid has nothing to do with AD carries such as Ashe being poor solomids. It's better for the TEAM to have an AP Carry mid because AP carries tend to be more level dependent so sharing a dual lane with a support would share the EXP and slow their leveling. Additionally, most AD Carry's runes and masteries prioritize armor over magic resist.

I prefer to play Ashe dual lane with a support, because I would rather not have my team's AP Carry under leveled, but even in a dual lane, I can usually out CS both mine and the enemy team's AP Carry. Ashe will out farm just about any AP Carry. She has better basic range than all AP's except Annie, faster attack speed and a simpler, more predictable attack animation.

If the AP carry wants to keep up with Ashe for CS they have to use their abilities to farm and then they just run OOM. The key to playing Ashe solo lane is to not use your volley to farm - save it for punishing the enemy when they farm or harass you.

If the AP Carry tries to harass Ashe, who dominates will hing on several factors.

• The relative mana pools - Ashe has a smaller mana pool, but she doesn't need to spam her volley to be effective. Any player that spams their abilities trying to harass their opponent is going to miss out on CS and be chronically OOM.
  • Specific champion matchups - some AD Carries will destroy Ashe (Tristana for one) as will some AP Carries (Kog'maw, Kassadin). But the reverse is also true. I've never had troubles with Annie, Veigar, MF or Caitlyn. Teemo is a push.
  • Other than that, its comes down to the relative skills of the summoner. If you can't dodge Pillar of Fire 60-80% of the time the issue is skill. It's no more difficult to dodge than Pilotover Peacemaker, Rupture, Make it Rain or Dark Matter Bomb. If you are facing an opponent with high damage, skill shots, start with boots and pots. If you are facing a more passive CS oriented opponent, start with Doran's Blade.