Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ashe is not a good mid laner.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TinyPieGuy

11-26-2011

I don't know why some people think so. This notion is more common in less experienced players, and those below level 30. I feel like this needs to be addressed. There are reasons as to why Ashe is bad mid lane. She has an awful early game; she has very bad base stats and needs lots of minion kills to do good damage. Ashe doesn't scale well with the faster leveling that is given in a solo lane, compared to a caster like Annie. Ashe will be dominated by any of these champions, and it is true in most cases that a mage will beat a ranged dps in a solo lane. What a carry like Ashe needs is farm, and protection early game, which is why the support carry bottom lane is so popular in competitive play. So don't take Ashe mid. I have no credentials that I can boast of here apart from being level 30 and knowing that any burst caster can take Ashe down in mid lane.

LateralGrudge

11-26-2011

is there a purpose for you to have taken the time to type this? Im fairly certain that if someone has played this game in the last 6 months, they would know that ashe is not a good contender against the current meta of AP carry mids.

TL, DR: there should probably be some sort of QUESTION in new thread topics.

icandividebyzero

11-26-2011

/thread
useless post #232 of the day

Haen

Recruiter

11-26-2011

but, but, but, if you're playing against a bad player, you can get that initial auto attack crit right when laning starts...

Zeven0

11-27-2011

It really depends what ELO you're at.

I like having a good team comp, but it bothers me when people are dead-set in following current top level meta. There hasn't been THAT significant changes since ad carry used to be the old mid.

Current top-level meta is often about overall map control and coordination, over other things. Low level play its almost always just about who plays better.

I agree that Ashe can easily be beaten mid, but if you can pull it off it can be pretty good.

Gets her farmed way more quickly, and having the option to send arrows to top or bottom is very powerful. Ganks on mid past level 6 can be incredibly easy compared to other mids aswell.

Haen

Recruiter

11-27-2011

Its not about following the top level meta, its about what just works the best. Obviously if they send a Morg or something mid, yeah, Ashe isn't a bad choice (ones I like better, but whatever). Low ELO play is about winning lanes. Win lanes, win games. You're putting yourself at a disadvantage playing Ashe against a standard AP carry. Her volley is way too long of a CD for early game laning. You shoot it and now I spend the next 10 seconds zoning/harassing you. Maybe at low elo they don't realize that, but why take that chance? Regardless, my abilities hit harder and your auto attack needs time to ramp up to do damage. So unless you're a lot better than me, expect to lose.

Zeven0

11-27-2011

I guess I'm just saying that if you're playing at a level where people are taking Ashe mid, you're probably at an ELO where it doesn't matter who your mid is.

I understand and agree shes not the best mid, but the whole reason people are at a lower level is because they don't know how to take advantage of such things.

NakedGranny

11-27-2011

Quote:
LateralGrudge:
is there a purpose for you to have taken the time to type this? Im fairly certain that if someone has played this game in the last 6 months, they would know that ashe is not a good contender against the current meta of AP carry mids.

TL, DR: there should probably be some sort of QUESTION in new thread topics.

Ashe isn't a good pick for mid, not because she can't compete with AP bursters in mid, but because she needs help in order to begin snowballing.

in a duo lane, with, say, Sona, Ashe has the sustain and extra damage/harass that she needs in order to secure her first few kills before the target escapes to their tower. Ashe has almost no burst damage output during laning phase, she relies upon Frost Shot and a long chase in order kill her target. if she can't get a kill, she's stuck farming minions which pushes the lane -- not really a horribly bad thing since Hawkshot prevents her from being shutdown in this way.

in the old days, Ashe's Enchanted Crystal Arrow had a dramatically shorter cooldown and therefore it was important to get it asap. so she was put mid in order to level faster and allow a shorter flight time for the arrow to affect both lanes. also, back then, there wasn't such a variety of strong AP bursters who could contend with her in mid. the sudden shift in the oh-so-precious metagame and all that.

Ashe can still mid, but she's not the best pick simply because she performs better in a side lane with a good support like Janna, Sona or Taric.

Krshna

11-27-2011

Funny you say this, I was in a game yesterday with an Ashe, and some random ****** Sion was like, Ashe not going mid? You noob!

Smallbluedot

11-27-2011

I'm pretty sure that when a champ can get torn apart by mundo once he has merc treads and visage and NOTHING else, you shouldn't let them solo.