Swain snares Vlad in pool form

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePr0digy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

This happened to me twice last game I went into pool went onto swains snare circle it snared my pool form then I turned human form. So does AoE now hit vlad in pool form or is this a bug?

Frosty716

11-26-2011

always has...he's untargetable, but doesnt mean not affected by aoe or dots

Nishac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

Except that Vlad is unaffected by things like Caitlyn's Piltover Peacemaker or Zilean's Time Bomb. Both of these abilities are AOE, yet neither of them hit Vlad. Also, I haven't tested it yet, but I believe Vlad's Sanguine Pool can dodge Cho'Gath's Rupture, but I'm unsure of that one.

Either way, Riot should determine and verify with its player base which skills should and shouldn't affect Vlad in his Pool and have it make a logical sense. In my opinion, having Nevermove grabbing a liquid form with only three talons doesn't make any sense to me on a logistical level, so in my opinion it shouldn't grab Vlad when he is in Sanguine Pool.

Bottle of Aleve

11-27-2011

Environmental stuns/snares have always still gotten him in pool form. Veigar's, for example, still gets him.

Dazgdbog

11-27-2011

Tetherspells, ground AoEs, and AoE's that hit vlad (I've seen a Time Bomb explode next to Vlad and hurt him, but can't be put on him during pool) all damage him in blood pool. Everything else is untargetable unless you bug the game and make the game think your spell came first.

Nishac

11-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazgdbog View Post
Tetherspells, ground AoEs, and AoE's that hit vlad (I've seen a Time Bomb explode next to Vlad and hurt him, but can't be put on him during pool) all damage him in blood pool. Everything else is untargetable unless you bug the game and make the game think your spell came first.
Are you certain the time bomb hit Vlad, or was it the health loss from going into his pool? I have had a time bomb (dealt about 200 damage) on Vlad with about 100 health remaining only to pool to survive when the bomb exploded (no minions around to heal off of while near my tower). Afterwards I got a hilarious kill as Nidalee tried to kill me at the tower and I kited her around it with the help of Flash and Transfusion.

Now, onto a partially physics based spiel:

Stylistically, tether spells make sense that they continue to hit Vlad as they only care about tethering to one piece of Vlad, whether that is flesh or blood doesn't matter (although being able to cancel tether spells with pool would be nice).

Ground AOEs make partial sense as to why they hid Vlad as he still has a physical form whilst on the ground, but logistically speaking sometimes don't make sense. As I stated before, the ability to grab a liquid with three talons and make it not move, especially if the talons only visually show snaring the small area where Vlad will reappear around his hit box. A suggested fix for this is to show that the talons are encompassing the entirety of Vlad's pool so that you can at least have the logic of some sort of barrier that the talons are emitting are keeping him there. Aside from that, there are many ground based AOEs that don't hit Vlad like Alistar's Pulverize and Malphite's Unstoppable Force, but Fizz's Chum the Waters hits Vlad (although stylistically that's a shark and he's blood... you do the math).

Ultimately though, the issue that I truly have with AoEs hitting Vlad is that his "untargetable" hit box (in the center of the blood pool) can somehow be hit. There needs to be consistency with the terms being used and how they appear in game so that it properly reflects the abilities, especially considering that more than one champion uses the "untargetable" term for an ability, which seems to have the potential of dodging a completely different set of skills.

Pef619

11-28-2011

He said the bomb was next to vlad, not on him.

Alistar's pulverize isn't a ground aoe. When you lay someone on the environment that isn't a skillshot/target ability it's an environmental aoe.