Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Coop vs AI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saucy Snake

11-26-2011

How hard would it be to implement a coop mode for dominion? Cause that would be really fun. especially since I don't play dominion due to there only being a couple of champs that are constantly used, making it mundane and not fun.

WorkItHarder

11-26-2011

It would probably take quite a bit of time and effort on Riot's part. They would have to write all the AI from scratch, not to mention that Dominion is not only much more dynamic than classic but is also so new. In my very unprofessional opinion I think it would be tough to program how to make the bots respond to different situations in Dominion.

FDru

11-26-2011

It would not work at all. Every game would start with a double boots of mobility rush to the enemy turrets, interrupting their caps, 5 capping and winning in 5 minutes.

Co-Op vs AI won't ever happen on Crystal Scar.

DreamsOfGrandeur

11-26-2011

Dominion is exponentially more complex then Classic LoL.

Bots would never have enough program-paths to keep up with the constantly fluctuating situations of Crystal Scar.

Contrary to some beliefs - Dominion actually demands more teamwork, although it's more cleverly disguised then in Summoner's Rift where teamwork is very straight forward.

1. Bots don't have to worry about re-claiming a turret on Classic
2. Bots have defined lanes in Classic
3. Bots don't need to rely on teamwork as much in Classic

Wolfalisk

11-26-2011

Quote:
DreamCuri:
Dominion is exponentially more complex then Classic LoL.

Bots would never have enough program-paths to keep up with the constantly fluctuating situations of Crystal Scar.

Baseless assumptions.

Whi

11-26-2011

Well Classic bots are stupid as well. They just chase after you. If Riot makes bots like 1. Capture turrets (one mid, one bot, 3 top) 2. Capture turrets first, kill later 3. While Capturing, if enemies are in range stop capturing and go after enemies. 4. Stay at turret or bush near turrets if the team has more than 3 turrets)

It's not hard to make AI. It's hard to make GOOD AI.
I hope riot create bot games for practice purposes.

grantneodude

Recruiter

11-26-2011

Not sure where it ended up, but I recall seeing a post saying it was on the list of things to do, but not likely to happen for a while. Believe this was near release, so it might have changed since then, but it does mean they're at least planning on it.

Arechon Gend

12-20-2011

Would also like to know

Xavderion

12-20-2011

Bots are too stupid, you would 5-cap them in no time.

Youniverse

12-20-2011

Quote:
Saucy Snake:
I don't play dominion due to there only being a couple of champs that are constantly used, making it mundane and not fun.

sounds like coop vs ai to me