Oh my god Yorick.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Sunday IV

11-28-2011

One way to counter Yorick early is to actually attack his minions. So many people see the minions and run away, even though they aren't horribly strong after the initial burst. Avoid the brown one if possible, because of the lifesteal. The minions automatically go after champions in range, so if you get good at kiting them they can be useless after their initial summoning. They also give gold, so attacking them weakens him and gives you more.

They take 35% of Yorick's health and damage, so the minions get more threatening as you reach the end of laning phase. This shouldn't be a problem, however, since by that point the lane is decided and by the time his minions are strong enough to make a difference(so long as you actually kill them. They can turn the lane if left to give him health and slows.) beyond the initial burst, laning phase is almost over.

Furikurifan4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2011

The best way to counter Yorick, is to just get yourself some sustain and armor. You can kite his ghouls or attack them, but if you do that, then you aren't farming, all I do as Yorick is keep people away from the creeps. I suggest a wriggles, and then maybe a guardian, and you should be able to completely ignore Yorick. Also, make sure to ward the bushes if you're against him in a side lane.

Bendial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2011

Mord is not a yorick counter, I own Mord every time when I play Yorick.

Bendial

12-08-2011

I only die as Yorick when I'm OOM and caught out of position. The initial damage on the ghouls isn't great so when yorick drops a ghoul on you lure it away and kill it. Keep poking in and out until he's oom, and/or wait until hes out of position and you can secure a gank. He's a hard champion to get all up in his face because hes tough as nails.

KamakaziGumiBear

12-08-2011

Yo rick cant do anything but tank, and by doing so the other teams solo gets epicly farmed and by level 14 becomes a hyper carry and snowballs to a 20 minute surrender for yo ricks team. By level 2 with nasus yo rick can no longer harrass me and I can stand in the creeps and do as i please, by level 4 I can solo the jungler and yo rick.

Bendial

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamakaziGumiBear View Post
Yo rick cant do anything but tank, and by doing so the other teams solo gets epicly farmed and by level 14 becomes a hyper carry and snowballs to a 20 minute surrender for yo ricks team. By level 2 with nasus yo rick can no longer harrass me and I can stand in the creeps and do as i please, by level 4 I can solo the jungler and yo rick.
Wrong.

TallanX

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamakaziGumiBear View Post
I call BS. As a person who does Ranked with Yorick and lots of normals as him I can say that you are talking out of your ass. I have pushed almost everyone out of lane as Yorick and out farmed. If the yorick you are going against lets you farm that much or even stay at a good health pool then hes being defensive and not using his ghouls by trying to save mana. Also Nasus is a good choice against him but unless you have a jungler to help shut yorick down early he can snowball just as much.

Kothlim

12-08-2011

I usually fail facing yorick I main Olaf. Im good. considering who I lane with. But yorick or mokai generallly decimate me.

LeSalauD

12-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravors Malody View Post
Simple. Silence him/ or rush a wriggles lantern if you lane vs him. ( p.s try to kill the brown ghoul first it grants him the life regen)

Garen is still far more difficult to deal with than a yorick.

Did I just break yorick ? Im sorry guys he asked
Just silence him guys, it's np.

Oh wait that won't do anything but slow his harass for 2 secs LOL

Pro tip : Garen is useless with some armor.

KamakaziGumiBear

12-08-2011

Well I would enjoy seeing a yorick that did something. Ghouls are out healed by dorans sheild. If he closes in for melee wither him and run away unless hes dumb enough to fight u in your aoe. Theres no reason to ever fight yo rick it wastes mana and time avoid him and free farm.