General Jungle Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iLive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

I want to create a Rune Page solely for jungling. I don’t want it to target any specific champion but most standard jungler champions (attack damage bruisers): Gangplank, Lee Sin, Skarner, Yorick, Nocturne, Udyr, Rammus, and Trundle etc. So the stats provided need to be beneficial for all of them. It’s okay the Rune Page won’t be great for AP based junglers like Fiddlesticks, Nunu or Amumu

Which runes would you suggest me to buy?

TheNoobyNoob

11-26-2011

ArmorPen. marks
Armor seals
Flat MR glyphs
Flat AD quints

Darriel

11-26-2011

my jungler run page for udyr, skarner, tryndamere, and nocturne is

armorpen marks
armor seals
attack speed glyphs and quints

i can finish a full clear without having to back with almost full health and rdy to gank at 4

honestly most people run very different rune setups

the best advice i can give you is just to mess around with it a bit

and the only runes you REALLY need are the armor seals and the rest you can experiment with

DGGP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

Wait until next patch to worry about this, as the camps are getting weaker.

If you already have the runes, then run with
7 armor pen marks
2 flat damage marks
3 flat damage quints
9 flat armor seals

Your choice of glyphs based on champion.
This is AD btw, and between runes and masteries, 12 will be dealing true damage to double golems anyway

Ulstan

11-26-2011

So you just need 12 arpen to get through jungle minions armor?

DGGP

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulstan View Post
So you just need 12 arpen to get through jungle minions armor?
Almost, but it's enough to deal true damage to wolves and doubles. The extra damage usually helps melt all the small camps with extra speed.

The big wraith technically has 35 armor, hence why a good amount of junglers save their smite to take it out instantly at level 1 and if you start there, it'll be back up by the time you get to double golems.

TarsierFetish

11-26-2011

My jungler rune page for skarner and udyr are:

Attack speed marks
Flat armor seals
magic resist/lvl glyphs
move speed quints

For both udyr and skarner, the attack speed marks help for getting more pheonix procs and quicker cooldowns on skarner. the armor seals are a given. the magic resist/level blues give you the magic resist you lack in your wriggles/triforce build late game. and the move speed quints make ganking with their lack of initiation easier.

With these runes i am able to clear full jungle and gank either top or bottom around 3:30

PB4TeddyBear

11-26-2011

You can jungle fiddlesticks with just standard AP carry runes/masteries. The only standard runes for jungling would be flat armor yellows. Reds are usually armor pen, but for warwick and udyr you want attack speed instead. Blues you can use flat magic resist, or magic resist per level. Quints are a less mandatory, you can use movement speed, flat hp, armor pen for low level ganks, etc.

Doomscorpzy

11-26-2011

Well I normally jungle with characters who need attack speed.
Like skarner, nocturne, yi, and xin.

So I normally do

Armor pen marks
Armor pen Quints

6 attack speed seals
3 Armor seals

6 attack speed glyphs
3 magic resist glyphs.

It normally works out fine for me. Just make sure you know what you're doing.

If you need a recommendation of which character to use, skarner and nocturne are ridicuously easy to jungle with.