Volibear patch discussion: Jungling and laning dynamics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pharaøh

11-28-2011

Kinda not looking forward to lane anymore. I main riven, and this potion debuff is not only nerfing her, but also all other no or little sustain champs. I do both top and jungle riven, and my jungle is now gonna be all about farm farm farm farm farm gank? farm farm farm. If riot wanted to promote aggressive gameplay, they did it wrong because they reduced pot effectiveness (mistakes are more serious) made jungling more about farming (jungle minions respan faster and are worth less, only dat phoenix udyr can jungle and gank) and the only compensation is reducing minion damage, which doesnt even matter if you reduce potion effectiveness. I'll be really mad if it destroys my main's gameplay, but i won't go all hotshotgg (nidalee anyone? :3) and rage forever. I'll adjust, because the game is still awesome. maybe i'll have to try new builds, w/e. I think this patch could go either way and we should be open ended about it. All so calling it, Volibear is SO a ww legendary skin, riot's just trolling us :3

Metaphisto

11-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by i lol hard View Post
The point of nerfing minions is to increase incentive to harras opposing laner early and mid game.
You either haven't read many of the posts or you haven't understood that potions have been nerfed as well.

RANDOM MIDGIT

11-28-2011

my fear isn't that much of the simplification of the jungle, but they make it more nub friendly, which means the new coming players will be coddled and generally worse then the older players that first started were. and they are letting these new generations of "nubs" into ranked games to screw it up for the people that are actually somewhat good.

do you guys have this concern too? or is it just me

Kadenkk

11-29-2011

I think that more experience jungling will never be a bad thing. I know that at level 20, i could NOT jungle on many champs minus those with massive sustain (I'm looking at ww and cho) so i didn't get to start practicing my jungling until level 28ish with characters that can actually be viable all game and transition well (Riven and lee sin are way too fun and rune dependent). with the masteries change, and now the jungle remake, I think people can learn the value of a jungler and good jungle play earlier. That will probably mean less people jungling their first times in ranked/lvl30 matches where noone wants a noob jungler.

On the laning, I think that this is conducive to champs with early harass and will probably encourage alot of players to consider a regrowth pendant or dorans shield rather than boots and pots every game. Players will be forced to make that tradeoff early game rather than just relying on buying 3-5 potions and literally getting 600-1000 free health in the lane. That is another full health bar and a half for most champions. In a world where in competative play a swain can grab 13 health pots to live a lane versus a leblanc, i think that the potion nerf is a nessisary way to encourage people to buy smarter in every portion of the game. (13 heath pots was 2600 health... I don't want to kill my opposition 6 times over in order to get payed for it.) Overall, I see this patch as good for the game.

HerPuppy

11-29-2011

Am i the only one who has notice that the jungleing at the start is so reduced that by cycleing the 3 small camps you cant even get to level 3 like before... which means that the jungler is over 2 mins slower getting to level 6... which means the only viable jungle route is to stat heavy damage at blue... work into all minion camps... transition into boots and push into a gank asap because ur about to be a level lower than bot lane

Macrobyte

12-01-2011

The lane minion change hurts champions like Vladimir who have huge cd's early. AD champions can just constantly hit you while your off CD with hardly any consequences in terms of minion damage. Though this does give opportunities for you jungler to gank, half the time your jungler is not in position to help you because of the jungle changes. I think they should of just left it alone, it was perfectly fine as it was.

SyrupWaffle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

make it so that if you die you lose gold

Metaphisto

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrupWaffle View Post
make it so that if you die you lose gold
That would make everyone more passive, which Riot is always trying to change, but fails miserably. It also wouldn't please the casual gamers who don't want to take the time to learn things.

The worse thing about this jungle is it makes trolls think that they have a reason to not help their team. I was recently in a game with a jungle Nasus who only left the jungle to buy and would never gank. I asked him why he would never help out and basically he said he was farming q. I'm not sure how farming q is helpful when you never use it to help your team.