Introduce yourself Dominion community!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Hobocop

Started playing since around June of 2010.

Main is Cho'Gath, but I also dabble with other champs, mostly Ezreal and Taric. Really need to pick up a solid straight AP nuker like Leblanc so I can fill that niche if required.

Draft. I hate mirror matches, and randomly getting a comp that counters yours without being able to do anything about it annoys me.

Sitting at +18 right now with 86 wins/68 losses, though I don't get to play as often as I'd like. School and other obligations come first.

I randomly stream Dominion from time to time, although I haven't actually advertised my stream, so I don't get any viewers. I mainly do it so that I have a recording of my game along with a replay for evaluation purposes.

mufins

11-30-2011

Who you are
< for name

How long you've been playing League
started playing LoL a few months ago, been playing dominion exclusively since beta.

your main champions
for dom: Ezreal, Ryze, Rumble, Corki, Malz, Xin Zhao

what mode you primarily play (draft or blind pick)
always draft, blind is way too broken.

your win/loss margin. (so we can see who we are most likely to be matched with)
300+ draft games played, 70% win rate, 20 min'ish que times

any other misc. information you would like to add.
Played starcraft2 since its beta, moved over to league for a break. Didn't like how luck based SR felt so been playing dominion since.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

ActionButlerGo

Playing since just prior to the Talon patch. (So, late August)

Mainly play AD Sion and Morg, though I've started experimenting with Cait when I know I'll be on bot lane duty.

Blind pick exclusively. I like that Dominion is so quick and I don't want to slow it down with drafting. The players and team comps aren't as good, of course, but they usually aren't that bad, either.

Currently sitting at around 45 wins and 32 (maybe 33?) losses. What can I say? Of course I'd like to play more, but even with the shorter game times, life happens. In my case, it happens in the form of work and a tiny child.

Misc info? Came to League after watching the Dota2 tourney and finally getting fed up with VALVe turning TF2 into a marketing calamity of all flash and no substance. Since I started playing just before Dominion beta, I'm pretty much a Dominion-only summoner, which is to say, I've barely touched Classic at all apart from bot matches (currently sitting at 7 Normal wins. Yes, seven.). If not for Dominion, I would have quit almost immediately since I just don't have the time for SR games. Never mind the fact that Dominion's community is vastly superior to the abomination that is Summoner's Rift.

MMKH

11-30-2011

I've been playing LoL for about 2 years, started casually, saved IP and dodge runes for Jax (which got removed/nerfed), then switched to Mundo, Garen, then Shen and tank Gragas when Season One started (which also got nerfed back around April). Surprisingly I managed to become in the top 10 for a little while in Season One solo queue, shortly before the tank item and tank Gragas nerfs (coincidence?). Yes, I like to play niche and UP champions just because I like to see how well I do and challenge myself from time to time. Up to today, said champs are still considered UP and after being frustrated with nothing being done about it, and tired of the tedious laning phase in SR, as well as being disappointed with the "rewards" of Season One, I decided to switch to playing Dominion.

Nowadays, I like to play Pantheon, Kassadin, or Singed in Dominion. My queue times are generally really high and once I waited over 60 minutes for a game which never started.

I've also made custom skins in the past too but those got nerfed as well with the new format change from a while back.

Melvear

11-30-2011

Melvear, been playing for a year or so, just after the Xin patch I believe.

In Dom, my main champions are Pantheon, Irelia and Ryze. Occasionally will play others like Olaf, GP or Xin.

I play Dom exclusively now, about 50/50 draft/blind. Usually will be solo queue blind and playing with friends in draft.

I'm at about +30 right now I think (~140-110)

mermortal

01-15-2012

I play under the name of mermortal and have been playing Lol for about 3mths now
my main is Garen and i am starting to dabble in a bit of Graves and Gangplank
i have always gone blind as it is a quicker q
i have 59 wins

Cortexedge

01-15-2012

Who you are: I dunno
How long you've been playing League: since orianna
your main champions: in Dominion Jarvan, i screw around with others but Jarvan too stronk
what mode you primarily play (draft or blind pick): blind, i hate dem queues
your win/loss margin. (so we can see who we are most likely to be matched with): currently 30-ish wins ( bout to play some more) like 10-15 losees
any other misc. information you would like to add : Time wasting in dominion is time gaining in real life

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

01-15-2012

Name: Nulix
Smurf: Helixes - Used mostly for playing with IRL friends who are notably lower levels. (sucks for them being dragged in runeless and mastery less to a level 30's game)

Joined at: Sometime before the Galio release (8/10/10) for sure, though I feel as if I could remember Vlads release (7/27/10). Can't say for sure.

Main Champions: My preferred champion is Kayle. I played her exclusively from about 5 to 30, and then continued from there. I wish to get more time in with her, but often find myself filling bot since no one likes to go bot, so I'm usually AD malz or Morg. I'm looking to expand my bottom lane arsenal to Urgot (Canisters, y u no hit ppl!?), Vieger, Swain, Oriana and AD Kayle if I can get the ropes of em. If I'm going top, we usually need a AP, which means I'm ganna be Aniva or more likely LB, since I actually can play LB.

Draft or Blind: I go Draft only by myself, and Blind with friends since most can't get in draft yet.

Win Loss: Estimated ELO from LOLcave is 1436, estimated elo from Jabebot is 1631. Jabe's seems high to me, So I personally take the LOLcave number. +26 wins, 175 wins to 149 losses. Nothing terribly Special, but I tell myself its better than average (I got no proof or idea if it really is). The ratio got better big time when I decided to start picking for the team, which of course means I'm almost always bottom.

Misc: If you see me in a game, especially on my main, keep the **** talk to a minimum. I don't care who you are **** talking, ally or foe, I don't tolerate it. Keep it to yourself. Don't expect me to report someone for leaving if you harassed em all game, and don't expect me to eagerly come to your aid if you harass me all game. I'm more likely to take the side of the guy on the other team than yours if your a dick.
Also please don't spam Ping. Two is enough at most. I wont flip over it, I generally ask nicely unless I'm already PO'd about something, in which case I still make an effort to keep it form being rude.

If I'm on my smurf, don't take me seriously, I'm generally with IRL friends and we don't take **** seriously, and you can expect me to be in a trollish mood. That being said, **** talk rules still apply.

As for general goodies, I really enjoy checking out unusual builds (AD malz really got me into this) whenever I see a potential for it. AD/Hybrid Taric is my current interest, though I really feel the need to check out something like Hybrid Ori, grabbing low CDR to avoid spell spamming (and thus managing mana better) and relying more on auto attacks. I'm also not fond of the 4 top 1 bot strat. I strongly disagree that there is no other strat that can rival it, I feel it has yet to be found and testes correctly. Don't try and convince me otherwise.

MVpmack

01-16-2012

I'm Patrick, and I'm one of the columnists at Massively.com. I play League because it's awesome, even though it's not really in my normal work.

I'm a pretty new player; I've only been playing since Xerath was released. I've punched in about 400 games though (mostly Dom) because I love the gametype.

I play... hmm. I mostly play Ryze or Yorick, but that's because teams need solid bottom lane presence. I main Nidalee and would play her every game if I could without hurting my team's chance of winning.

I mostly play blind due to the short queues. I also like dealing with problematic champions like Rammus, although I would like to play draft mode more just to see the matchups so I could pick champs accordingly.

I'm... 190/191 at the moment. Wherever I am in elo it's evenly matched, which is unfortunate. I do feel like I'm kind of in elo hell at the moment.

I'd love to write more about League for work, but I'm not sure how much an MMO website would want indepth info on LoL. I queue solo about as much as I queue with friends, which vary widely in skill.

Spring Moon

01-18-2012

Who you are: I'm Anbu

How long you've been playing League: 3 months, this is my 4th

Your main champions: Ahri, Leona, Lux, Miss Fortune

What mode you primarily play (draft or blind pick): Blind mostly, but I like Draft alright

Your win/loss margin: 189 W, 167 L

Misc. Info: I usually duo with a friend of mine. Had an epic game yesterday where we won by 1 point.