Katarina Counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferrari Murakami

07-01-2010

Seeing this character being used by a majority of players lately and i'm wondering how to counter Katarina AP and AD. Please don't state the obvioius i.e. Ganking or not to feed and please no trolls

Redenbacher

07-01-2010

I have best luck countering Katarina when she Shunpo's in for harassment if there's a stun in your lane. Wait for the Shunpo, stun, and crush her. You can do the same with slows and snares. Of course, a good Katarina probably won't make that mistake if she knows a stun is open for you, so you may have to get a little more creative.

Kamiel Rovi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2010

Countering Kat can be rather easy depending on what you're playing, she has some hp but early game you can just harass her back when she harasses you (unless you're morgana, had to learn that the hard way =p). There are 2 scenarios here, either she shunpos you every time or she just throws her blade at the minions (blade damage is laughable if she is not comboing you out), anyway her moves are all telegraphed, she starts running towards you? then GIB HER MY FRIEND, THE MOMENT SHE SHUNPOS YOU BLOW ALL THE FKIN CC ON HER, there, she's dead, go kill the other 4 people.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1ft jp View Post
Seeing this character being used by a majority of players lately and i'm wondering how to counter Katarina AP and AD. Please don't state the obvioius i.e. Ganking or not to feed and please no trolls
Have stun , silence or taunt.

/thread

Inter somnia

07-01-2010

Rule#1 - Don't feed. If kat starts doing serious damage to you with moves other than her ult, reread this rule.

Rule#2 - If you have any sort of CC you wait until she pops her ult to use it. If you do not have CC, you ghost/flash out of her ult.

sdefreit

07-02-2010

Anything with a stun can devestate kat. Stun her out of her ult quickly and shes useless.

Realaz

07-02-2010

Don't feed her, she won't need a counter.
How not to feed her? Play defensive early game, unless you're a MFing Cho.

peyo

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdefreit View Post
Anything with a stun can devestate kat. Stun her out of her ult quickly and shes useless.
ok I am tired of this bull****. Do you realise that any good Katarina will use DL during laining phase just to finish you off, not to harrass you?

Lawful

07-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
ok I am tired of this bull****. Do you realise that any good Katarina will use DL during laining phase just to finish you off, not to harrass you?
Well, thing is that if your getting pushed by Kat on a lane then thats your personal problem, learn to play, QQ less.

DA

07-02-2010

If they are a very good player you are in for a rough time regardless. Just try to keep her from getting fed.

If she has a morganna on her team, its even worse.

CC helps, but good Kat is just rough.