If you could add a feature to the PVP.net client for Season 2, what would it be?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArbiterOfCool

Flash Developer

11-25-2011
6 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
http://3.imgland.net/Tbjcf.png

and if it's possible use this space here

http://4.imgland.net/V6134.png

to notify you of your current queue options. if there happens to be an announcement it could maybe be switched between by clicking maybe?
I can picture it a little.

Thing about it is matchmaking is a optimized system. Adding something like this would make the calculations much longer.

ArbiterOfCool

Flash Developer

11-25-2011
7 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grx1 View Post
(You should make this thread on the EU forums too, just like fyi)

What I would want is to see peoples(at least my own) losses, maybe for only the people on your friends list. Just to keep the little inside competition up with your irl friends.

A timer on the daily first win IP boost (How many times has this been suggested? A million?)

Some kind of broad, but short, description for every champ in the game. Like is that champ AP/AD, and what role can you fill with said champ (Tank annie anyone). Suggestions for the place of this would be within the shop or in the champ "Data screen", just so newer players know what they are buying.

When you have logged into LoL and get the "front page" open, there is that tab where you have "On sale items", you could include some kind of timed rotation to it, showing the items. Yes you have that in the store but it would just give more visibility to it. Like if person X plays Jax, and has always wanted a skin for him. And he would rarely visit the store but suddenly saw one of Jax's skins on sale in the front page, what do you think he would do?

Maybe some statistics tracking like how much IP/RP you have spent?
And maybe something like what is your most played champion overall?

Let us see the champs other people have? I'm not sure why the "functionality seems to be there" but we still cannot use it. At least not on EU.

The Recently Played-list keeping the names of the people in your latest game, even if you DC.

And thats all I could come up now. Just little changes that would make some peoples lives so much easier
(I will)

1. There is some reason that they chose to do that. I am not exactly sure.

There are a lot of store improvements that you are talking about. Not my department, I worked on the ranked teams feature.

ArbiterOfCool

Flash Developer

11-25-2011
8 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanderingBeaver View Post
Would love to see. . .

-Better way to find out where your Win of the Day timer is at w/o needing to play a match first

-Ability to choose skins outside of character select

-More Detailed information about a champions abilities i.e:

current: Garen's Decisive Strike - Garen's next attack strikes a vital area of his foe, dealing bonus damage and silencing them

ideal: Garen's Decisive Strike - Garen gains bonus movement speed for 4 seconds, in addition his next melee attack within 6 seconds will deal physical damage and silence its target for 2.5 seconds.

Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds
Total Physical Damage: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+1.4 per attack damage)

Bonus Movement Speed: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 %
(credits to: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com for the more detailed information)

-Slightly more detailed information about previous match ups. i.e...
1.Little list of what champions were played (dont need names, just which champions were in game)
2.Time of match XX:XX PM
3.Match Duration

-Would love to see more detailed information about normal games similar to but not as detailed as what you see with ranked games.

-Easier chat functionality especially when it comes to wanting to talk to multiple people. Current system works it just feels clumsy.

-Options to customize notifications . . . i.e Play a sound // Flash X times // POP up // Reminder etc

Thanks much for giving us a chance to provide input.

ps... Model Viewer! >.>; purty please?
I do want a lot of the champ detail stuff. I am going to be working on showing ranked team stats soon. Some new tech for other areas may come out of that.

Clockworking

11-25-2011

The ability to have champions for your summoner icon.

The ability to send a message with friend requests.

Notes for people on your friends list.

A ready button or something so the game doesn't start until everyone in the lobby clicks it.

Edit: Oh! And the ability to change settings for in-game in the client would be nice.

ArbiterOfCool

Flash Developer

11-25-2011
9 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiten Suru View Post
The ability to have champions for your summoner icon.

The ability to send a message with friend requests.

Notes for people on your friends list.

A ready button or something so the game doesn't start until everyone in the lobby clicks it.

Edit: Oh! And the ability to change settings for in-game in the client would be nice.
Fruitstrike is always asking for chat notes.

Nojito

11-25-2011

moderated chat channels

Rezyk

11-25-2011

In draft mode, there should be a button that spends my early pick to lock in a later-pick teammate with a champion he has chosen (and get his spot as a late picker). In other words -- a way to directly gift an early pick that replaces the swap system. The swap system is often painful and dangerous to have to coordinate through chat with strangers on a short timer, and unreasonably burdens players to unlock champions they do not play in order to help teammates pick them.

Another feature related to this is that players should be able to show their intended pick to their team, right from the start of draft (even though they cannot lock yet), to facilitate communication. There are too many players that don't use chat for this.

Kultra

11-25-2011

Can we get a "I'm ready" button for when you click "Finish what I was doing"?

Not everything takes the full 30 secs, and since timer is running those seconds are precious.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

11-25-2011

Chat Rooms
Channel Window:
You have only one channel window. On the right side, you have a list of all the players in that channel, while on the left side, you have all a list of all the channels you are in. Just like in mIRC.
I already am in 4 chat rooms, and that alone takes up all the space for private chat conversations.

Symbols:
@ - Admin (access to all levels)
% - Moderator (can mute, kick and temporarily ban users)
+ - Council etc. (may temporarily mute users)

Message of the Day / Channel Topic:
Self-explanatory.

Console Messages:
Option to turn off these messages, such as "Playername joined the room".

Channel List:
A list of all active channels.

Channel Options:
You can choose wether the channel is "Open", "Friends Only" and "Invite Only".
In friends only, then only your friends can join without invitation or password.

Official Channels:
A few channels I would really like to see is:
Intel Extreme Masters
Competitive Events
Looking For Clan
Regional Channels (e.g. shows "Sweden" if you're from Sweden, this will allow players talking the same language to group together more easier).

Chats can be a great place to discuss and find people for clan, events etc.

Sound:
Able to turn off sounds from the chat.
Play sound when: someone joins the channel, a friend joins the channel, someone writes in the channel, someone writes your name, a friend writes in the channel and so forth.

Tab names:
Just like when you write a reply in-game, you just press Tab to shuffle through the names that are relevant to what you've written.

Highlights:
Highlights your name in chat, if someone sent a message containing your name.

Private Chats
Chat Windows
Also in chat windows you only have one window with tabs for all the conversations you have.
Or have a list on the right side, like in chat channels.

Rune Page
Tag:
With up to 21 rune pages, it can get a little bit messy. You can select "Support" on a rune page to only appear in champion selection on champions with the tag "Support".
Alternatively, you could add a small description for your rune page, and the rune page's tooltip in champion selection, it will show a 50 characters description above the rune page's statistics.

Tooltip:
The font and spacing between sections in the tooltip of rune pages in champ selection has to be resized and skinned, it wastes just too much place.
Additionally, it will show the runes' icons with their effect, for an easier and quicker overview of the rune pages.
For instance, "[Mark] 9 x Magic Resist, [Seal] 9 x Armor, [Glyph] 6 x Magic Resist per Level, 3 x Magic Resist, [Quint] 3 x Gold per 10 sec."

Purchase limit:
You can only buy a max. amount of up to 9 runes and 3 quints of the same type and tier, depending on what level you are and how many slots you have available.

Hotkeys:
Double-click / Right-click - Add or remove a single rune.
Shift + Double-click / Right-click - Fills all remaining or removes all occupied slots with runes of your choice.
Ctrl + Double-click / Right-click - Replaces all slots with the same type of rune you selected.

Rune icons:
Easier, more understandable indications on the runes. Since same icons of attack speed, mana regeneration and dodge doesn't really make sense.
Each category has an easy recognizable characteristic, additionally each effect has a small feature on the icon.
Category -> Physical attack, defense, health etc.
Effect -> Attack damage, magic resist, health per level etc.

Masteries
Respec:
When you remove a point from a talent that's required for another talent, all other talents irrelevant to the requirement is greyed out, and you must use the remaining point in one of the highlighted talents.
Though you can still continue removing points even though you've removed one already, as long as the requirements are met in the end.

Other's profiles:
You can't view more than one mastery on other's profiles. How come?

Preferences
Invitations:
Options to choose wether everyone, only friends or hand-picked can invite you to channels, games and so forth.
It's quite annoying to hear the sound and see the client flash every time someone invites a whole channel to a game every 5 seconds.

Shortcuts:
You can change the "lore" and "help dialog" buttons to other shortcuts, say "runes" and "rune pages," from the your preferences options menu.

Posted the threads' content here instead to ensure it doesn't go overlooked.

Taion809

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Munchies View Post
Other's profiles:
You can't view more than one mastery on other's profiles. How come?
i liked your list, and this part here is most likely because only the last active mastery page is stored server side.