If you could add a feature to the PVP.net client for Season 2, what would it be?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Superßoy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Im not sure if this is what you can do but after someone leaves a game if there can be a 5 sec waiting time before another game starts. Sometime i want to play with a friend but cant because i cant cancel when someone dodges.

Leon

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterOfCool View Post
It is hard to make the case for filtering people out. For the sake of the mental exercise, where would you put that?
http://3.imgland.net/Tbjcf.png

and if it's possible use this space here

http://4.imgland.net/V6134.png

to notify you of your current queue options. if there happens to be an announcement it could maybe be switched between by clicking maybe?

DoubleAgent

11-25-2011

How about a detailed history of the matches the teams play including champs selected, final score board, and the possibility to browse stats?

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
It is hard to make the case for filtering people out. For the sake of the mental exercise, where would you put that?
I would voluntarily filter myself out of games with people I can't communicate with, even if it resulted in longer queues. I don't think that NORTH AMERICAN SERVER = ENGLISH; FOREIGNERS GET OUT, but I only know English and some French. Being in a game with people who only speak Korean or Portuguese or Spanish isn't much fun for any of us, since the only communication we can make is short phrases like "mid mia" or pinging the map and hoping they can guess why we're doing it.

The one feature I would be most interested in would be more detailed match history, such as being able to see the stats/builds/etc of the other people in those games.

IS1bcebea654e15a

11-25-2011

(You should make this thread on the EU forums too, just like fyi)

What I would want is to see peoples(at least my own) losses, maybe for only the people on your friends list. Just to keep the little inside competition up with your irl friends.

A timer on the daily first win IP boost (How many times has this been suggested? A million?)

Some kind of broad, but short, description for every champ in the game. Like is that champ AP/AD, and what role can you fill with said champ (Tank annie anyone). Suggestions for the place of this would be within the shop or in the champ "Data screen", just so newer players know what they are buying.

When you have logged into LoL and get the "front page" open, there is that tab where you have "On sale items", you could include some kind of timed rotation to it, showing the items. Yes you have that in the store but it would just give more visibility to it. Like if person X plays Jax, and has always wanted a skin for him. And he would rarely visit the store but suddenly saw one of Jax's skins on sale in the front page, what do you think he would do?

Maybe some statistics tracking like how much IP/RP you have spent?
And maybe something like what is your most played champion overall?

Let us see the champs other people have? I'm not sure why the "functionality seems to be there" but we still cannot use it. At least not on EU.

The Recently Played-list keeping the names of the people in your latest game, even if you DC.

And thats all I could come up now. Just little changes that would make some peoples lives so much easier

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

11-25-2011

Improved Chat - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1360857

Rune Pages, Masteries and More - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1486018

Fun Modes and Options in Custom - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1487418

Personal Score - http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1442859

That Other Guy

11-25-2011

Quote:
"Filtering out" doesn't really sound like what I'm trying to suggest. I'm not saying if ya can't speak English get out, I'm suggesting people be teamed up only with people who can understand eachother. Communication is pretty important for a heavily team-based game like LoL.

It would likely be fine if people would learn to use common shorthand phrases and ping commands, but at least in my experience most people who don't know English will just do one of the following:
not type at all
type only in their native language even though their teammates can't understand them
spout out insults and swears
spam ping the map

Back to your question I think it would be best to put it in the settings as Leon suggests, but to have something pop up to make you set it up if you haven't already set it up.

Berilion

Recruiter

11-25-2011

Quote:
I am a AIR developer on the Invictus Team. We are working on Season 2 competitive features. We are the ones that made ranked teams. That feature is still in development. What do we do next? We are having a meeting on this Monday.
I disconnected from the server you and then tell me it was me I disconnect, the server shuts up when I was playing and banners

MeanderingBeaver

11-25-2011

Would love to see. . .

-Better way to find out where your Win of the Day timer is at w/o needing to play a match first

-Ability to choose skins outside of character select

-More Detailed information about a champions abilities i.e:

current: Garen's Decisive Strike - Garen's next attack strikes a vital area of his foe, dealing bonus damage and silencing them

ideal: Garen's Decisive Strike - Garen gains bonus movement speed for 4 seconds, in addition his next melee attack within 6 seconds will deal physical damage and silence its target for 2.5 seconds.

Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 seconds
Total Physical Damage: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 (+1.4 per attack damage)

Bonus Movement Speed: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 %
(credits to: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com for the more detailed information)

-Slightly more detailed information about previous match ups. i.e...
1.Little list of what champions were played (dont need names, just which champions were in game)
2.Time of match XX:XX PM
3.Match Duration

-Would love to see more detailed information about normal games similar to but not as detailed as what you see with ranked games.

-Easier chat functionality especially when it comes to wanting to talk to multiple people. Current system works it just feels clumsy.

-Options to customize notifications . . . i.e Play a sound // Flash X times // POP up // Reminder etc

Thanks much for giving us a chance to provide input.

ps... Model Viewer! >.>; purty please?

ArbiterOfCool

Flash Developer

11-25-2011
5 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedFrozenSou View Post
Im not sure if this is what you can do but after someone leaves a game if there can be a 5 sec waiting time before another game starts. Sometime i want to play with a friend but cant because i cant cancel when someone dodges.
We are working to fix dodging. I am heading up an initiative to add unit tests to catch stuff like this in the future.

12345612 ... 19