Suggestion - Loss button

1234511 ... 33
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MASE STUN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-01-2010

By now I'm sure everyone has realized that if you win a game or two, Matchmaking will realize that you are doing well and give you a free loss.

Now I understand that this is a necessary evil done to piss people off and d*ck them, and to discourage people from doing well. After all, if people were actually allowed to continue being matched with decent teammates and having a nonzero chance of winning on EVERY game, then some people could potentially (with a bit of luck) end up having a bunch of wins (which is obviously unacceptable). Or even worse, they could get all uppity (gotta put the masses down, right?).

However, I feel that the actual playing out of these games need not happen. Instead, matchmaking can alert you to the fact that you have recently won some games, and that you are overdue for your free loss(s) of the day. Then, you should be given the option to play it out or to simply accept your fate and take your free loss. This way, the end result is still the same: matchmaking shoves free losses down your throat, but it's much less annoying and painful since it's over much more quickly.

Edit - Added some potential concept art to illustrate the idea. Included are two possible depictions of this suggestion.

BewareBEAR

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILEYCYRUSHERPES View Post
By now I'm sure everyone has realized that if you win a game or two, Matchmaking will realize that you are doing well and give you a free loss.
This is why you fail.

scrimbul

07-01-2010

I, for one, accept our new matchmaking overlords and this free loss button.

I would like the ability to queue dodge with no time penalty if I can take a loss on the record.

Diøs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-01-2010

It's a cool idea!

Freeze3371

07-01-2010

Good amusing troll post.

Xozzen

07-01-2010

Trolololo!
Problem is: It can't work, because there wouldnt be anymore games. There are no draws, there's always someone losing.

sdjaks

07-01-2010

How about a button to just fix matchmaking?

Zekral

07-01-2010

I R DO NOT LIKE LOSING!1ONE

The solution is to play with a group and use voice chat.

Solo Queue is like playing craps, you are gonna win some and lose some. Expecting competence out of a team that is likely made up of people who don't really know how to play together is kind of... whats the word...

MASE STUN

Recruiter

07-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze3371 View Post
Good amusing troll post.
this is a serious suggestion. please take your trolling elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xozzen View Post
Trolololo!
Problem is: It can't work, because there wouldnt be anymore games. There are no draws, there's always someone losing.
well a lot of games are actually fairly close and are not "free losses"; i.e. both teams have a non-zero chance of winning.

this suggestion would only apply to when matchmaking decides that you need a foot shoved up your a$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekral View Post
I R DO NOT LIKE LOSING!1ONE

The solution is to play with a group and use voice chat.

Solo Queue is like playing craps, you are gonna win some and lose some. Expecting competence out of a team that is likely made up of people who don't really know how to play together is kind of... whats the word...
if you don't like losing then you can choose the "play it out" option.

I am well aware of what solo queue is. this option is designed to lessen the pain of being a$$raped by matchmaking for those of us who either don't have a group that all has voice chat or for those who want to play when said group is not online.

Axoren

07-01-2010

Your name makes me want to agree with you. +1

1234511 ... 33