Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LittleDi

11-25-2011

congrats on breaking richot along with dodge and jungle.

Ventus72

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Soo, whens the eve changes?

prplmonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

I'll wait til the patch comes out for final judgement, but if it's as bad as I predict, at least there is another moba coming out soon.

Shaxtenn

11-25-2011

This minion change bothers me. If I'm laning against a champion who's simply stronger than me, I can try to play smart and only engage them when I have more minions on my side - so they'll take lots of minion damage. (Particularly on Dominion in both lane.) If minions are no longer a factor, that's one less skill-related factor coming into play, meaning it's all about the champion vs champion matchup.

You can say "durr, obviously you should be playing a powerful champion", but I resent being even further pushed into playing one of the subset of ~20 far-above-average champions, rather than one of the 70 others.

Teshrrar

11-25-2011

Really? You guys are crying before see the patch working?

I don't use potions, I use what my hero give to me in term of survival, and I think it is the real gameplay.

Again Riot is making the "playerskill" be more required, instead have a flash or a potion to save your bad moves when you try play like a god.

Great job, Riot.

Spiderfuzz

11-25-2011

It seems as though so many posts are getting downvotes for the same reasons they always have - a very loud subset of players that violently oppose change throwing **** onto their keyboards because they think it's being constructive.

As a game is an organic system, made by organic minds and allowed to evolve, the bad WILL be weeded out and the good allowed to flourish. This is necessary for a game's survival. Riot needs their game alive and well - selling out is something entirely different. Selling out is killing off a game, or a music style or what have you for a quick burst of profit rather than a lasting fanbase. Since Riot still has so many places to go and so much ahead of them (it seems obvious to me) they will not make any changes they sincerely believe are unhealthy to the game.

Secondarily, I think Riot's smart about what they do. If they temporarily fail they can easily rebound. If the game can evolve in a bad direction it can just as easily change back. It may suffer for it at first, but will learn from it's mistakes.

Think what you will about the changes. Give your feedback. It's what let's Riot know what's going on. Don't pile horse**** onto the screen because you're upset. That just proves that you do not care nearly as much about the game or about your own enjoyment within nearly as much as you pretend to.

Don't post witty one-liners about how the game's going to hell. Post your fears, your concerns, your true thoughts on the matter. Sincerity is what's healthy to the game. Sarcasm is not.

Dirtysecret

11-25-2011

It does seem riot wants new aggression because of the new spectate system so people could watch and be entertained and not watch them for how to kill minions for good 20mins.
You are making jungiling way to easy. They are low level for a reason they have played 20 games and need more experience laning before jungling. pretty dumb patch!

Noctis Lovivos

Recruiter

11-25-2011

I like this patch alot! But not the part where they want to nerf health pots, i dont like at all...Im not going to be aggressive no more.

Beardstorm

11-25-2011

Thanks for breaking champs who need lots early sustain from health potions and require minions to protect them against champs like akali or tryndamere

Dmon3y26

11-25-2011

So riot, Hows about listening to your community on this one, This game is successful the way it is, Stop trying to make it more "Aggressive, Or Noob friendly in the jungle", Its already player friendly, And I like the laning phase the way it is.