Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phoenixffire

11-25-2011

hrmmm... these changes come in the volibear patch?

i predict new lore: As Volibear entered the majestic halls of the riot camp. He was appalled with what he saw. He threatened Morello that he would destroy his nerf bat and eat Phreak if something wasn't done. Morello, naturally, sat there in awe of the armored bear as did half of the Riot staff. Things were looking bad for the nerf bat and Phreak until Ryze teleported in smoothtalked Volibear out of the office on the condition Volibear would return in a week to see if proper and just change were being implemented. Ryze, not wanting to upset the majestic bear, promptly whipped the Riot team into form and that is how these changes ever came to be.

Galvynn

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelbuddy View Post
once apon a time jungeling was fun and actually challenging, gg riot
Fair assessment. I like faster and more unpredictable ganking though; just because I feel that any experienced, senior player can simply outguess ganks from the jungle at this point. I've always jungled Udyr and Olaf, who jungle remarkably well anyhow...

whadayamean

11-25-2011

Are you kidding me???? Are you serious???? What are you guys thinking? I really can't believe you are doing this. It's like your trying to ruin this game.Every patch that comes out is trashing this game in some way. Your seriously ruining the dynamic game play of this game. This game was so fun last year when i began playing, but it just keeps getting worse as time goes on. Who comes up with these ideas anyway? This game has done nothing but go downhill since the birth of dominion. You have ruined countless champs and items because of it, and its a worthless game!!!!!! We asked for new maps, not a new game. Pretty soon, no skill will be required to play this game, is this what you want???? It's like your making it a cookie cutter facebook game or something!!!!!! This is the absolute worst patch I have ever seen. I'm shocked you'd change the game in this way.TERRIBLE PATCH RIOT TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kanon06

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

I was really looking forward to a Sivir "buff" but so far the way it sounds makes it seem like the change to her W was actually a nerf.

I love the change to her passive though,

For the jungle nerf I myself do not jungle but everyone does make really good points, I have not seen a single complaint or comment on the nerf that I do not agree with.

The potion change will probably actually make people more passive, I know there are a few champs who will not try to be aggressive anymore due to this

Nidorosity

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxek View Post
Hello Riot Representative,

I believe your upgrades are not going to make the game the way you were aiming for. By making jungle creeps spawn faster, the jungler will just be able to farm more and be as high level as the mid lane. Ganks aren't supposed to even be possible in a high level game because people aren't supposed to overextend that much. A successful gank should be punishment for over-extension, failure to ward, and poor team coordination. Junglers should know they are doing good just be knowing they are higher level than bot lane. Also, lower level summoners should not be able to jungle anyways because they don't understand the game enough to have enough map awareness.

Keeping track of minion aggro is also part of the game, making it do less damage is only causing imbalance for the burst characters to battle easier since they are the ones that normally take more damage from minions.

The game is aggressive enough from just the flash nerf and the mastery changes. Jungling is already finely tuned for the game. If anything about jungling should change, it is the outdated filter system that says there is only four junglers in the game. lol

Thank you for reading my comment.
I agree with your overall message, I'd just like to correct you on the point that junglers will be as high level as a solo lane.

They said that the camps reward lower EXP compared to current rewards.

Blackhm

11-25-2011

But what about Udyr´s passive?! :O

Veneration

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Hardy-har-har Riot. Hilarious. Now give us the real patch preview because this can't be anything more than a terrible joke.

Lord Dragonic

11-25-2011

I am all sivir recrunching although I don't agree with giving her movement as a passive. Now the jungle its interesting but make sure its not super easy we don't need a clear jungle by lvl 2 or else theres going to be some issues.

Tadog

11-25-2011

With the jungle this easy... might as welll try soraka

Dragomorph

11-25-2011

minions damage LOL... .know when to engage... OP champs will become moar op...
low lv, dond have runes dont jungle... dont like the changes