Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exsnypre

11-25-2011

If any adjustment was needed for minions it was MORE damage, not less. They already do little to nothing outside of levels 1-5. Buff the minions so pushing a lane = more aggression, not so OP champs get more OP and we go back to the tanky DPS meta.

DerangedCow

11-25-2011

As earlier stated by someone, the minion dmg nerf basically made eve worse. What's the point of her passive if they don't even do that much damage anymore?....

Kaio Fernandes

11-25-2011

BS

Whispy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

SOOOO nothing on volibear not even a look see o well idgf buying him tuesday either way... ARMORED BEAR!!

yeoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nxek View Post
Hello Riot Representative,

I believe your upgrades are not going to make the game the way you were aiming for. By making jungle creeps spawn faster, the jungler will just be able to farm more and be as high level as the mid lane. Ganks aren't supposed to even be possible in a high level game because people aren't supposed to overextend that much. A successful gank should be punishment for over-extension, failure to ward, and poor team coordination. Junglers should know they are doing good just be knowing they are higher level than bot lane. Also, lower level summoners should not be able to jungle anyways because they don't understand the game enough to have enough map awareness.

Keeping track of minion aggro is also part of the game, making it do less damage is only causing imbalance for the burst characters to battle easier since they are the ones that normally take more damage from minions.

The game is aggressive enough from just the flash nerf and the mastery changes. Jungling is already finely tuned for the game. If anything about jungling should change, it is the outdated filter system that says there is only four junglers in the game. lol

Thank you for reading my comment.
I agree with this comment.

By making the game follow through with this patch, you do make it easier for beginners who probably voice their frustrations due to imbalance. But the fact of the matter is... a good game takes time to learn. Just like every other good thing, it takes time and sacrifice to learn how to play a sport, the guitar, or do good in school.

Now... this is just a game and I support you for bringing us a game that we enjoy and play a lot, but as far as this ONE patch is concern, i fear it'll hurt more than help. As an honest and good customer, I think that you'll lose a lot of support for this.

Here's how I foresee the upcoming gameplay: those nerfed characters will most indefinitely be forgotten about, stronger champions will dominate lane, junglers will most likely play more passively since they can farm all day, and as far as team play, the winner will not be those with skill... it'll be those who pick well... I hate to agree with the ragers but.... you can now predict who will win at loading screen.

I understand that you want players to work as a team... but honestly riot... not everyone has 4 other bros (or girls) who can hop on at the same time as you and play league... Most people end up cussing at fighting with each other than promoting team play.

In my opinion, all you have accomplished is drawing in new people. You really haven't satisfied old members... (even though there are plenty who support you, including me)

I love the game, but... I think this patch will be a disaster...

cblocke

11-25-2011

lol at all those noobs that downvoted

Slappy The Goose

11-25-2011

If they down vote enough, Raharas comment will be below rating threshold. All in all, some changes are too major. The jungle is particularly alarming as it changes the gameplay too much. I think this should have been spread out over time.

aestelion

11-25-2011

This patch is the worst patch. Nerfing minions and potion ? Bad choice, this will only make some champs need some nerf (Vayne, Noc, MF, GP, Garen, etc).

If you want SR become aggressive, make SR aura likes CS aura. Player get gold and exp passively and died is not punishing.

Learn from Dominion if you want make SR to become more aggressive.

BlackFox666

11-25-2011

so nerfing minions=removing alot of strat from laning and doesnt punish alot of champs for knowing they can take you from level 1+...nerfing red buff...nerfing the ability to punish people for overextending and being dumb...changing jungling to make counter jungling less influencial..nerfing health pots will only make us more passive players czu we cant heal as easily and champs that dont need health pots will dominate those that do....yup....amazing idea riot....its like WOW all over again nerf the game to make bad players look better

Esaru

11-25-2011

After all this time Riot, these are the best Sivir changes you could think of? Are you serious?

And you didn't even lower her mana costs. How the hell is this going to help her? She's going to be out of mana faster than ever

epic fail