Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4diksam

Junior Member

11-25-2011

This game is ending up like WoW... To focused on your money issues and on players that arent skilled.
Rather than the players that got you to where you are now and ruining the game for them.
its just rediculous


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galvynn

Senior Member

11-25-2011

First off, let me say that I'm glad you're giving Sivir those changes. Since she's losing the dodge, the on-hit move increase still allows her to 'hit-and-run' along with increased attack range.

The issue with minion damage is something no one brought up with the dodge removal- I for one used dodge on my junglers to mitigate minion damage. Without the damage drop, they -would- wipe you.

P.S.: my Udyr jungling is about to rock even harder.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oPxCo

Senior Member

11-25-2011

Why is this game catering to the under 30 players? When have we ever balanced from among people without full runes and masteries...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaztastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

11-25-2011

I don't normally make comments solely for insults as I find it unhelpful and unnecessary, but this point was brought up to me by a friend of mine.

Riot is dumbing down this game in an attempt to gain a larger fanbase from brand new, inexperienced players hoping that their new numbers will outweigh the loss of more seasoned players who might leave for the upcoming release of DotA 2. A more easily accessible game makes for a higher selling game.

Their marketing scheme is absolutely brilliant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perennial

Senior Member

11-25-2011

OMG finally u lower the dmg of minions in lane

TY riot laning will be more fun


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izorai

Member

11-25-2011

You nerfed minions too? Ah, you forgot to give Vladimir another nurf! He could barelly kill them till now! So he will be op against them..! o.O
P.S.: i cant wait till DotA 2 or Blizzard DotA is out...! These are great games!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jeevees

Senior Member

11-25-2011

Wow, this suck so badly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

labelbuddy

Member

11-25-2011

once apon a time jungeling was fun and actually challenging, gg riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TemptedToTouch

Senior Member

11-25-2011

Well look on the bright side my dota brothers, the retarded morons will stay in Lol and the people with cash and intelligence will be heading to dota 2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zetskey

Member

11-25-2011

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhieron
Let's encourage aggression by ...

Wait a second. You're trying to get people to be more aggressive by punishing their sustainability? I'm not sure I see this.

Then you don't understand how the game works.

The reason good players are rarely aggressive is that unless you can be sure to get the kill it will not be worth the effort. Not only do you take nearly the same damage from the minions, but you're also missing out of CS without gaining any benefit from it because sustainability is so insanely cheap and accessible.
While i agree with both of the people who posted this...I think its time to add this:

Riot is making the game more easier for the "new players" to get in and figure the game out by making it not so punishing to die....but for "older players" who are really "players in high elo" they are making it geared towards the way they play at the same time.

Now, I personally think they should just stop this. They are only looking at "high elo" which is about 25% of their player base and the other 75% either don't want to do ranked because of ....."mean people".....or because they'd rather just play the game and not worry about what rank they are and how it corresponds to others.

I've always thought they should just have two separate "clients"...non-ranked and ranked...each with their own set of patches geared to what they are seeing happen in both. Sorry to say but people in non-ranked play waaaaaaaaaaaay differently than in ranked because they are there for the fun not the prestige....less stress > better score.

What i mean is they'd rather just get the items and play their character instead of get the items, plan, strategize, wait, push/not push, go now, stop now, etc. Rather just buy & play

I'm not saying dumb it down so it takes no brains to play but atleast have two different "patches" geared towards the "fun aspect" and the "i wanna win aspect".