Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nxek

11-25-2011

Hello Riot Representative,

I believe your upgrades are not going to make the game the way you were aiming for. By making jungle creeps spawn faster, the jungler will just be able to farm more and be as high level as the mid lane. Ganks aren't supposed to even be possible in a high level game because people aren't supposed to overextend that much. A successful gank should be punishment for over-extension, failure to ward, and poor team coordination. Junglers should know they are doing good just be knowing they are higher level than bot lane. Also, lower level summoners should not be able to jungle anyways because they don't understand the game enough to have enough map awareness.

Keeping track of minion aggro is also part of the game, making it do less damage is only causing imbalance for the burst characters to battle easier since they are the ones that normally take more damage from minions.

The game is aggressive enough from just the flash nerf and the mastery changes. Jungling is already finely tuned for the game. If anything about jungling should change, it is the outdated filter system that says there is only four junglers in the game. lol

Thank you for reading my comment.

Pee Train

11-25-2011

Quote:
PurityBurglar:
When you refer to our game, I hope you really mean everyone's game. Since that's what it is, everyone's to play. They aren't catering or dumbing down, they are actually listening to their fan base and making informed decisions based on what they see. It's a fast paced, high action and far more importantly easily graspable game, and I'm happy to see them building upon that to encourage newcomers.

As for whether or not you agree, you can complain and use all the vulgarity you want your only spiting yourself with the waste of time.

This is a change to make league something different than it was previously on a bigger level than is usually the case. Up until this point, chances are people played this game because of what it once was more than what it may be in the future, simply because we know they played for what it once was and got to this point because of it.

That means that right now, changes to the game that once was, especially large fundamental ones, have a meaningful chance of alienating the current playerbase. As a player of one of the most successful video games of all time, I feel validated in being concerned.

Will my concern hurt the game? Not individually, but if the concern is widespread enough to get the post in the negatives, it's more than possible as a community. Even if LoL got replaced by even more players than it has now who fall in love with a totally different game, I probably wouldn't be one of them, and that means what I get from this excellent game, what I love, will be no more, and considering what this game means to me, that's a big deal as an individual.

Subz1

11-25-2011

Gota love how all people know the outcome of a patch they didnt even tested nor do they know exact informations.
Give me this ability too please...

Every Giraffe

11-25-2011

lol apparently im a junior member **** my level 30 status and not having voiced my opinions on the forums till now

NaJin Slash

11-25-2011

Lol.....minion and hp potion nerfs...

Zastie

11-25-2011

Only saw 1st part about Sivir, YES...

One thing I noticed is people are downvoting on both people agreeing and disagreeing with the patch, so I can't really tell brains from "trololololl I can hit downvote".

Modern Snow

11-25-2011

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... -.-

Gargorok

11-25-2011

Is just me or are they making the game to be more Champion x Champion fight only and less strategy than before?

encouragin people to fight all the time with instinct and think less of how and what should I do to kill that enemy without being "rocked by the minions".

maybe in the next patch they gonna reduce turet damage to champion so you can dive the enemy.

this gonna encorage people to go to fight and make the game more agressive but also give no chance to low early damage champions and make the game less strategical

Aubric

11-25-2011

I hope this somehow changes the meta. I think a large portion of the player base is getting sick of the current one.

TemptedToTouch

11-25-2011

I wish moonmeander was dancing on webcam right now, cause the only thing I am doing is......

• . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--