Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormvyper

11-25-2011

When Nocturne went on sale months ago long before the new masteries, I bought him and tried to jungle pre-summoner level 20 in custom games. It was hard, even following the safest routes going Cloth+Pots. I just couldn't clear camps efficiently enough, and I was always really low on HP despite that I was doing everything correctly. I couldn't do it because I didn't have Tier 3 runes, and I never played Nocturne (or even attempted to jungle, for that matter) until I was Level 30 with a full rune page.

I'm all for making the jungle easier so it doesn't feel like such a wall for lower level players.

0Wolfheart0

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by die4769 View Post
They still are, did you see the video? He still got dropped by minions pretty quick. You people need to quit it with the overreaction, they're doing a little bit less damage, not no damage.

Ok so let's watch the video. First we don't know if those are the nerfed minions or the original ones. From what Morello is saying in that part, I think they are the current ones. Second, Jarvan is getting attacked by 9 (yes dude, 9) minions and is level 1, plus he gets the armor debuff and the damage from Nasus' E and his autoattacks near the end. I think that's pretty reasonable that you get dropped quite fast in such a bad situation.

Thank you

Every Giraffe

11-25-2011

ok so let me start off by saying i think you need to impliment a system where you pick a few things that need to be changed and then have we the community vote to see what everyone says instead of a select few sitting at the top of the elo ladder
i do approve of the less minion damage
Secondly why has season two been about making jungle amazing jungle was fine where it was and now youve hit cv making it easier for jungles changed the mastery tree which happens to be a better setup for jungles and now youve revamped the jungle to make it faster and easier to jungle.jungling was supposed to be about skill and knowing exactly what your trying to fix when to jungle and when to gank that was an integral part of being a good jungle also i dont want to have to sit waiting for a 4 buff jungle(assuming dragon gives a buff and wraiths etc have the same buff) to come storming out of the jungle to tear me a new one this doesnt seem like help to jungles it seems like making them all together too powerful once again i will say STOP FIXING THINGS THAT DONT NEED TO BE FIXED

wear and tear

11-25-2011

LOL is starting to be more like World of Warcraft where if its to hard they make it easier for new players. example.. jungling is to hard so they nurf it even though before it was too easy so they made it harder, or the fact that you had to think about attacking a champ in a minion wave and now after patch you wont have to worry about minions as much.

I do like the changed to Red buff so its not all bad

M0MENTUM

11-25-2011

Was it just me, or did having the Nasus slow while demonstrating the red buff slow look like an attempt to tip the scales to make red buff seem more powerful than it actually is?

Robingraves1

11-25-2011

junglers are op as it is anyways. seems like this patch is going to make the op junglers even more op. awesome.

yeoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by senblade View Post
its not going to be that man, there trying to make it, so they encourage real 1v1 and static jungle encounters, so its more unpredictable and much harder to time engagements.. which is what a pvp game should be. stop being a troll
I understand the pvp part, but it also encourages a lot of people to be less smart about play style. I dunno about you, but I like my games to be challenging.

All this means to me is that I need to pick an OP character to stay in lane. As far as my jungle pattern, picking weaker junglers will be of no benefit to the team (red buff and health pot nerfed). You watch... This has killed a lot of interesting team comp. People will most likely be sticking to certain characters in the game.

And as long as we're on the subject of trolls... you call me a troll?? ou're gonna have to get used having a lot more.... ALOT more

RikisTrikis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Why the nerf to purple caster minion????!!! HE WILL BE ANGRY!

MeepBlings

11-25-2011

More reasons to play Skyrim.

Daerthalus

11-25-2011

Quote:
Riot, I'm disappointed. You're attempting to encourage aggression by reducing the effect of the health potions? Poor judgement. If anything, I'm intending to hug my turret more in lane. If I get poked, let's say by Vayne, or Xerath, and my health potions aren't going to help me recover, i'm going to make sure to stay back and not move in unless my kill is Definite. There's no point leaving the tower if I cannot recover from a simple strike by an opponent. I like the jungle changes, and the reduction of minion damage is nice. But the reduction in power of our red potions should lead to, at the very least, an equal reduction in price. Personally, I want the potion healing ratio to be maintained, so if I go in to try and harrass and get poked, at least I can recover quickly and stay in lane. Aggression is not getting buffed here, if anything players will become more cautious with less health recovery.
Let's play devil's advocate here. Using your example.

Currently:
Vayne just farms vs you since it's not worth the time and risk to harass you. Assuming she does manage to harass effectively (with out taking more damage from minions) you'd just pop a pot and heal up, making her harass not worth it. She'd have to burst you to death to make it worth it, but that is risky.

Now:
Pots are weaker so if Vayne harasses you, you can't just pop a pot and keep going forever. You will eventually have to tower hug and/or get zoned. If you stick around to farm, she will harass you down and go in for a kill. Vayne has a reason to harass you, and depending on your hero, denying you farm and free farming risk free might now be worth the lost CS from harassing you.

At the same time, weaker minions means someone with shorter range than their opponent doesn't have to sit around getting zoned, since engaging or harassing back wouldn't necessarily = death or major damage. It's now in your best interest to harass her to get her to play safer since if vayne is low on HP she has to watch out for ganks, and/or a flash kill on your part.

Maybe this comes from years and years of Dota/HoN playing, but harass makes the game more dynamic. LoL is all about farming, but it shouldn't be a farm/last hitting game. The best farmer shouldn't win, b.c. farming is non-interactive. It's about good plays, and timing not who can right click on the minons on time.