Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

piece 0f crap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Will save final judgement until I get to play with it.

No sense in whining about it now.

Whiteacre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Great... now anyone without sustain is going to suck really bad in lane... Lovely... changing things that aren't broke is never the best idea... expecially this big at a time.

Pee Train

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurityBurglar View Post
The point of the nerf is that potion rejuvenation does not scale with your increasing lvl. Therefor since early game is the only real time to buy pots, they are making them heal for less.

I for one can't stand going toe to toe with an enemy if I'm harassing and watch him drink down a cheap 35g health pot to restore half his health. This patch will be making the first 15 minutes of the game much less of a passive reoccurring routine.
There's a hidden problem that you may be missing that the wiser detractors have noticed. Certain champions will be hurt by this more than others. Champions with strong harass tools, champions with strong early games and champions with sustain will gain a greater advantage than they previously had. If you've played this game for awhile you'll know that Riot never makes changes that large (in terms of variables altered) to fix such a problem overnight.

At the same time Riot has never fully messed the game up in my opinion with any patch, but this patch is possibly the largest I've seen since I started playing over 1.5 years ago. If any patch will be a first, this will be it. The numbers could be very small, in which case none of this will likely matter, but if they are large enough to mirror my logic, there may be a problem surfacing worth concern.

Mr Petrie

11-25-2011

You’ve managed to turn a game of chess into snakes and ladders, well played Riot.

Daedrick4

11-25-2011

Wuuuuuuuuuut! Minions should deal MORE damage to champions not less. I often use them to win 1vs2. Nerfing possibilities is just lame. If someone is dumb enough to get kited around a wave of minions, then I deserve to win.

I believe minions from chrystal scar should replace those in SR imo.

TigerNDBunny

11-25-2011

Every now and then, there are some good things coming out, only to have more things go to sh*tstorm. It was the learning experience and finding new strategies that made this game fun for me. Now I'm about to lose that. Easy kills in jungle for less rewards....? My favorite sustain item, the red pot is going to be not cost effective, but also losing regen amount enough to not give a **** about its existence. I might overlook the pot nerf, only if the cost is reduced. But then, it's basically the same thing from what it was and it'll be a completely meaningless for it to be changed in the first place. FML.

Signpost

11-25-2011

SIVIR CHANGES!!!!! thank god, i love playing her, but its quite annoying being one of the worst ranged ADs and thinking "if only i was ----- i could have won that" minion damage doesnt need to be changed as much as how minion agro works, because being chased past your tower by a minion is kinda bulll... oh soraka nerfs plox : D

Prismatic

11-25-2011

great job riot, sivir lost her awesome pushing capability.

yeoda

11-25-2011

I predict that he next patch will change all skill shots to autocast...

Nice, now I can introduce this game to my 7 year old sister

Lyane

11-25-2011

Buff vlad and eve already.