Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moric Koschuken

11-26-2011

Quote:
AKQZ:
May be there should be item that counter crit, passive, active, or reduce % chance the enemy will crit on u.

Yeah...this thing...it's called....ARMOR.

KathyTheKiller

11-26-2011

When I saw that the armored bear champion was bipedal instead of walking on 4 paws, I knew this patch was going to be terrible.

SexyGamer

11-26-2011

Quote:
Zombiethekid:
Funny how you try to quote me but fail to look an the entirety of what i said. I did say that atleast you had potions, but also mentioned your going to have to be smarter to use them instead of just popping them every time you take a few points of damage.

Also, i did say that i kinda agreed with the minion nerf, but i also said anyone stupid enough to dive to a champion surround by minions deserved to die.

And lastly, when you put it that way, i can see why your angry about it. But can't you atleast enjoy that other players will still get the same result? Or are you too selfish to think of how other player will now carry you?

woah, thats not necessarily the point he was making. Hes saying that the current status of our gameplay is something that takes skill to understand. These changes are made to cater to low level gameplay so in theory, its like Riot is destroying the distinctions between a skilled player and a bad one. And minions should not just be there for farming and pushing towers. They're not friggin cows. They honestly help make the match more unpredictable. At the rate that things are going and by the looks of these changes, if you get fed, its GG.

Mizarina

11-26-2011

over 500 in minus = woah

All the other patches lately ended in positive votes on the main post, then this one gets as much minus as this. Kinda says something about how unpopular this is.

And I sincerely bet that 95% of every downvoter does it exclusively due to the jungle change.Other things will hardly even be noticeable id think so xD

HuggableZombie

11-26-2011

Quote:
Soedan:
This honestly sounds like its too much at once and poorly tested at that kind of patch. (Sorry to say.)

If you want to make this game more friendly to all players then you are going in the wrong direction. A good direction to try could perhaps be more ways/methods for players to learn the game instead of "watering it down" so to speak. I know it sounds like a tough direction to take but it is one worth trying.

At the very least newer players will have more means of gaining insight of how this game is played and more skill level with it. In fact the experienced players might like it better because then they will have more competition and don't have to lose everything about the game they know and love.

I agree, it is too much to take in all at once and without any testing.

Lets take a skill basted game, Twisted Metal. And yes, TM does take skill to play because you need to know where you are and how to maneuver to not get killed. Now lets have a veteran play it and he'll usually always dominate an lower skilled player. Is that lower skilled player going to want to keep playing if he always gets beaten? or will he want to keep trying to beat the veteran? It goes either way but which is more likely to happen?

I just signed my friend up to play, and to be honest, she had trouble adapting to this game. If they make this, as you would put it "easier" then maybe she'll want to play it more rather then having to constantly get beaten and eventually give up.

Greÿ Goose

11-26-2011

Quote:
Zombiethekid:
Funny how you try to quote me but fail to look an the entirety of what i said. I did say that atleast you had potions, but also mentioned your going to have to be smarter to use them instead of just popping them every time you take a few points of damage.

Also, i did say that i kinda agreed with the minion nerf, but i also said anyone stupid enough to dive to a champion surround by minions deserved to die.

And lastly, when you put it that way, i can see why your angry about it. But can't you atleast enjoy that other players will still get the same result? Or are you too selfish to think of how other player will now carry you?

How is he selfish that he took time out of his own hands to learn and effectively get accustomed to a role he plays commonly? Watering the gameplay down just so that newer players have the 'opportunity?' What's the point in that when we had clear motives before this patch in "we will work hard to grind and learn some key roles such as jungling once we are accustomed to basic roles (minion aggression, health pots included) that we have time to get used to before we spend time and ip into these other specific roles?

SexyGamer

11-26-2011

Quote:
Zombiethekid:
if your melee, why are you trying to go against ranged? They'll always be able to kite you to no end and be able to shoot you from a distance while your busy trying to close the gap.

=.= there is a such thing as a team meta. You're trying to make the assumption that teams will balance out and people can easily switch lanes to compensate each other. Ok, what if one team goes 5 ad ranged and the other goes 5 melee? End of argument.

TalLavi

Recruiter

11-26-2011

So if you are nerfing the health gain from health potions, can you at least reduce to cost on doran's items?
Weren't they nerf because starting with a dorans and a health potion was OP and gave to much sustain? now that we have NO sustain we cant stay in lane much longer, I think the dorans + potion start will change it, give you enough sustain to stay but not to much so its OP.

SexiHottie

11-26-2011

They shouldn't be changing the game just to accommodate low level players/new players. No reason to change the minion damage. When you first start playing this game you will learn as you continue to play when to be aggressive and when not too, becoming a more "skillful player". Nerfing minion damage is just taking "skill" out of the game and increasing mindless aggression with strong ranged champs essentially "dumbing" down the game.

Zileas, I see you're still reading this thread so I'd like to know why Riot thinks changing the game I have and many others have learned over countless hours of gameplay to accommodate new players is a good idea.

HuggableZombie

11-26-2011

Quote:
SexyGamer:
woah, thats not necessarily the point he was making. Hes saying that the current status of our gameplay is something that takes skill to understand. These changes are made to cater to low level gameplay so in theory, its like Riot is destroying the distinctions between a skilled player and a bad one. And minions should not just be there for farming and pushing towers. They're not friggin cows. They honestly help make the match more unpredictable. At the rate that things are going and by the looks of these changes, if you get fed, its GG.

Since when is everyone low level a bad player? When i started play i never considered myself bad. It'll still take time to develop skill to this game, but now it makes it a bit more easier for everyone whos lower lvl. I've seen bads a lvl 30 and yeah i've been bad at lvl 30 too, but does that mean i'm unskilled? I surely don't think so when i go 16/7 as riven.

And to be honest, when has it NOT been when you get fed its gg?

And yes, minions aren't just for farming, they help out too, but now its more to the player's ability to play to fight their enemy rather then letting minions do all the work.