Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaidester

11-26-2011

I have a feeling they'll end up patching this and then reverting this before we know it.

Drizzt DoUrdin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

Slowly going to become whichever team has most ad early game wins

Fiaeti

11-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahares View Post
Welcome to the League of Legends Patch Preview, summoners! This edition of the Patch Preview is short but important, as multiple major changes are inside! Sivir is getting a remake, the jungle is receiving a significant update, and we’re making a number of changes that should change your priorities in lane. To get a forward look into the next gameplay update, take a look at the Patch Preview!

[turley]kUgIZCij-dw[/turley]
]
Really? Why are you making so many changes in one patch to a game that was doing just fine? I hope you start making sense about all of this, Evelynn still needs some love. Awarding aggression in lane? That's nonsensical. I see Xin becoming a problem... Again.

Making the jungle -easier-?! Maybe I -will- start playing Evelynn again... If the jungle's going to be a cakewalk I might as well play a HORRIBLE champion.

ESTEpox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2011

Yey!! You finally did it,
You nerfed Sivir!! Wahoo.
Wait what?
Yes, with the upcomming rework of her innate i tougth she was getting a mayor buff and she could finally be a really strong and used ( beacouse she already was much strong) champion. but wait, you changed her ricochet into a ''on next attack''. What does that means? Sivir can no longer make that outrageous ammount of spill damage, wich was her main atribute. Sivir range was short yes, but her ricochet allowed her to hurt almost everyenemy in the batlefield just by hitting the closest target to her.
Really Riot, Good idea. But it Kills sivir. In my opinion, it would make the only reason to pick sivir over another champion not worthy. ( Go get graves and do massive damage in a burst, your depending in cooldowns anyway)
The idea of her innate by the way, is great, good for you , good for all of us!!

Midevana

11-26-2011

too many changes at once.

Kenjum

11-26-2011

Can't tell how well this will end out.

Beezil

11-26-2011

ewww to the sivir changes

SexyGamer

11-26-2011

Oh sorry, i didn't know this game was suppose to cater to low level, no-skill ******* who can't learn how to play this game and have to have everything handed to them.

Cute Assassin

11-26-2011

On the minion nerf:

Lowering the damage that they do to champions is highly unnecessary. Engaging only when it's smart is ALREADY a thing. What will happen now is that people will be overly aggressive because they can now ignore minions. Please re-think this. The game is becoming a senseless 10-man arena and is losing it's strategic feel.

HuggableZombie

11-26-2011

Guys...chill the hell out.

Potion nerf: Be happy at least you still have potions. Think about it, if you don't poke your enemy, your enemy will poke you. If you try to play defensively, you'll lose out because your pots won't heal you for much. They want to make the laning phase a bit more fun then just sitting there farming minions for 20 minutes. Besides, if your a smart player, this shouldn't really affect you too much anyway since you already know how to poke your opponent. THAT BEING SAID!! As much as i support riot, i don't think this nerf was really necessary. But i haven't seen then numbers so judging is kinda really out the window here.

Minions: The reason that I kinda agree with this nerf is because, as far as i've seen it, if you make one mistake, you've practically lost the game for your team. I've seen somone get 1 kill and they end up carrying the whole game. They don't want you to snowball over the team because then whats the fun in that? Also, sustaining champions have always had an advantage over non-sustaining champions, thats why people play them because you can stay in a lane forever. They aren't making them anymore OP then what they already were. THAT BEING SAID!! Anyone who is stupid enough to dive in to attack a champion while they're surrounded by minions deserves to get hurt and deserves to die.

Jungle: I honestly do not see why anyone is complaining. Experienced junglers will still be able to jungle. If you don't want to get your lazy asses to try and adapt to the new jungle, then why play? This game has always been about change and adapting. Its not that their kissing noob ass, its because they want to open the jungle to more players. God knows i can't jungle to save my parent's lives but maybe i could try it out now since it'll be easier. And if you are seriously going to complain about noobs jungling, then think about how you started. I bet, and this is only speculation, that you had to work your ass off to find a path or an item build to jungle with. They want to take out the fact that newer players and lower lvls have to go through such a grind to become a good jungler.

Seriously guys, give this patch a chance. It's not like they've completely screwed the game. It's called adaption and you're going to have to get used to it because thats what life is all about and thats how the world is.