Is Vladimir viable? How's his lategame?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Domsdey

11-25-2011

Hi guys! I've gathered 6300 IP and I am looking for a new champion to buy. The choice is mostly between Cassiopeia and Vladimir. Now, I know Cass is one of the best duelists and is very good in most situations, but I just love resource-less champions with high sustain in lane - like Vladimir. So, how's his lategame, does he fall off? Is he viable?

tl;dr: Your thoughts on buying vlad, is he viable?

Suien Reizo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Viable but not optimal.

darkno1

11-25-2011

i suggest u wait until hes buffed like morello has mentioned he is working on him, but wont release the buff with the skin patch. Trust me just get someone else for the time or save up.

Pius Leviticus

11-25-2011

start with ability tomb and health pot, then go hex revolver, boots, WoA, cd boots, giant belt, crystal ceptre, deathcap, warmogs, and situational item.

play deffensively and if laneing try to lane with a champ that has a stun/supress.
when you are both level 6 try to single an enemy champ out and have teamate stun, then ult+ignite the enemy, use troll-pool to slow him and follow up with e+q. the champ will be killed off before you even finish combo probably.
Vladimir IS outclassed by other mages and it IS a bit tricky to play him good but he is alright. does need buff though.

Destrucshot

11-25-2011

his only shining point is mid-game; early game he struggles due to long CDs and late-game his damage starts to not do much since everyone starts stacking health.

An Ellimist

11-25-2011

Both are tricky to play, but Cass is usually more rewarding at this point in time. Better early game, good defensive options, and an aoe ult like Vlad's. Personally I love them both and think they're both viable, just not the easiest mages out there right now.

DoBSquiz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

He doesn't need buffs. He's in a good spot, IMO. He's a tanky sustained fighter with decent burst verse squishies. He can kite like a boss, and have lots of survivability. I think Riot realizes this, and testing it out with his recent free weeks. Plus, he pubstomps like no other.

Pius Leviticus

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoBSquiz View Post
He doesn't need buffs. He's in a good spot, IMO. He's a tanky sustained fighter with decent burst verse squishies. He can kite like a boss, and have lots of survivability. I think Riot realizes this, and testing it out with his recent free weeks. Plus, he pubstomps like no other.
stacking health and ap does not make you a tank.

DoBSquiz

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius Leviticus View Post
stacking health and ap does not make you a tank.
I think you should read my post again. I never said he was a tank.

Survivor of Hath

Recruiter

11-25-2011

He is super hard to use, but has great potential and power when used well.