Ranged Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jabaar

11-24-2011

im looking to buy a ranged support champ with crowd control abilities, something like a stun or a slow, any suggestions ?

FleaFly

11-24-2011

Sona. She is one of the best ranged supports in the game right now.
Zilean is also really good, but he doesnt have that much crowd control. Hes mainly used for his speed boost and his ultimate, which revives an allie.
Soraka, lastly, is great. Shes just a good stereotypical support, but again, used more for her healing abilities than her crowd control.

Hope that helps!

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Janna

Jabaar

11-24-2011

Sona and Soraka are great but they are more into healing than crowd control and im not sure i wanna do this. Jana is a good suggestion but again, not alot of crowd control, so as it seems i guess i should be looking more into AP champs like Morgana

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2011

Janna has a slow, knock-up, and knock-back.

Morgana only has a snare and conditional stun.

How does Morg have more CC? I don't get it.

Jabaar

11-25-2011

obviously im on the new members forum coz others know the game better, or isnt this the point of this section ? so if you're here to show off your knowledge the general section is this way ->

TwistWrist

11-25-2011

You were wrong...he said why you were wrong because he knows more than you.

What's the problem? Do you not want people who know more than you to point out your mistakes?

If you want to get advice from people who know more than you, then stay at NPF. If you wanted someone to by overly nice and sweet, then you need to go elsewhere.

Leib Olmai

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleaFly View Post
Sona. She is one of the best ranged supports in the game right now.
Zilean is also really good, but he doesnt have that much crowd control. Hes mainly used for his speed boost and his ultimate, which revives an allie.
Soraka, lastly, is great. Shes just a good stereotypical support, but again, used more for her healing abilities than her crowd control.

Hope that helps!

Zilean is a mage. Same with Morgana.
Soraka got a great silence. Saying she's just here for the heal... urgh... mr debuff on ennemy, armor and mr buff on ally.... plus the silence and the ability to give mana. Yeah no she's more than just a heal-bot.

Janna and Alistar are the support with the best CC. But Alistar is melee.

The only support with a stun is Taric, but melee again.

Sona doesn't have "great CC" except her ult, which has a faily long CD until mid/late game.

I would go for Janna, if you really want support. She have 2 CC and her ult have a "pushback" that give alot of control on fight, gank, etc.

Sconesy Cider

11-25-2011

Karma CAN be good if you use her right. I would definitely suggest her for you when you're more experienced, because she has multiple roles. She has a slow, a shield, and a heal.

What you're looking for is Soraka. She doesn't have much CC, all she has is a silence. She can use her Q to make you lose M. Armor and Armor for as long as you harass them with it. Oh, and she is only 450 IP.

As most people above have said, Janna is also a really good option. She has more CC than the ones I've mentioned, and she can hold her own in a fight.